Chapter 18: Promise

"You wanted to see your mother, didn't you? Well you're mother is right here. You'll never be lonely now, even if you're alone."

"Kayleah, it's all right. Your mother is here," mother said as she hugged me. I sobbed softly in her warm embrace. I miss her touch. I miss her so so much. Even if this was just a dream, please let it last a little bit longer.

"But I'm scared... Why does everyone still have to suffer? Shouldn't everyone be able to lead a happy life under Oto-san's grace? Then why does everyone have to suffer?" I asked my dear mother. "Why do I have to watch them suffer? Why can't I do anything to help?"

Mother replied softly and hugged me tighter. "It has been hard, hasn't it? I'm sorry I cannot be there for you... But I am here now. So you can rest easy now. Your father is doing his best, but there are people disturbing the flow. You must kill them."

"Oka-san..." I smiled and nodded. "I will kill them."

"Kayleah! That person isn't your mother! Try to remember something important that you were given by someone!" I heard my dear brother shout.

Oka-san...

"Oka-san! Read me a bed time story!" I whined.

"Kayleah, you are being awfully demanding these days," Oka-san laughed. "Why is that so?"

"I am afraid... The final fight against Oto-san's father is coming right? I don't want you guys to go! I have a bad feeling about it..." I replied sadly. Mother patted my head and hugged me.

"Don't worry Kayleah, your parents are strong. We will not fail! So you must be strong too and protect your little brother okay? Promise me," Mother replied.

"I promise."

I will protect Aladdin.

I snapped out of the happy little dream I was having. No matter how much i miss those days. No matter how much i wished they could return. there's no way they would come back. Oka-San is dead. My only family member is still alive. and I will protect him!

I wiped my tears and faced Madaura.

"No... Impossible... To think that you're defying your mother's orders!" Madaura said.

"Hey Madaura. Thanks for showing me that happy dream. You made me remember something as well. We met before, fifteen years ago, back when you were still slaving kids. You probably don't remember though," I called out and undid my magic, revealing my true form. I was really tired, but I believe I can hang onto my remaining magoi and fight.

"You... That's not possible! How are you still alive?!" Madeira exclaimed. "When you wrecked my home fifteen years ago... I did everything to find you but you disappeared without a trace. I concluded that you were dead... How are you alive?"

"Simple, I was nothing but an infant when I destroyed your home. Now I am sixteen, hehe," I replied. "I have gotten bigger you old hag!"

"O-Old hag?!" Madaura gasped. Sh gritted her teeth and turned around.

"Protect Madaura with your lives!" The kids did not let us go up. they glared at us, wielding swords.

"You guys have been deceived too!" Alibaba shouted. "Open your eyes for crying out loud!"

"No one seeks a mother's love more than a child who lost it at a young age. that's why I can make such good use of orphans from the slums. You'll never be able to reverse the brain-washing I've subjected them to!" Madaura said then started to walk away.

"Hakuryuu, stop her with that move of yours!" Alibaba called out to Hakuryuu. He got up slowly then attacked us with his left arm. I drew up a borg to protect myself immediately, but it was so sudden, I may not have had enough time to make it strong enough and got pushed back.

"Mother... I have to go and save you... from harm..." Hakuryuu muttered and glared at us.

Shoot, he is still under her spell.

"What the heck are you talking about?" Alibaba asked. 

"Dwell within me, Zagan." Hakuryuu's djinn symbol started to glow and he did a half-djinn equip. Then he charged at us and attacked us with his spear. We dodged it swiftly before it could hit us.

"What is this?" Aladdin asked.

"Hakuryuu! What are you doing?" Alibaba asked.

"Apparently, that one still seems to be the sole child among them," Madaura commented. "Now then, fight for Madaura." Then she left the room along with three kids.

We have to find a way to reason with Hakuryuu... I cannot make any mistakes here... I cannot afford to lose too much magoi or I will pass out. Which is the simpliest and most effective spell I can use right now? Maybe I could render Hakuryuu unconscious... But that would mean I pass out too with the amount of Magoi I have left... Aargh! What to do?!

The three of them were fighting back against Hakuryuu. He was capable of creating monsters already and he is almost as powerful as a djinn. The three of them were having a bad time with him too. All I could do is heal them up and try to save them from mi minor attacks. 

However, there was something wrong with Hakuryuu. He was exhausted, yet bleedings. He was using magoi manipulation and it appears to be reaching its limits. He kept shouting, "It was you!" too.

"It was you! It was you who turned Mother... Wasn't it?" He screamed in anger.

He was under a hallucination... Maybe a knock out really is the best. the three of them can handle the rest... Right? Sorry Hakuryuu, I am going to put you to sleep now. I assure you, it will be a happy dream.

"Hakuryuu," I called out and walked towards him. I touched his forehead swiftly and mumbled the commands. "It's time for a rest."

His djinn equip disappeared and he fell to the ground. He was unconscious for the time being. Not to worry cause he would wake up once this is over.

Ah, my magoi is almost used up...

I collapsed on the ground, exhausted and  closed my eyes. I could hear Aladdin shouting for me. He will do fine right? But...

Mother... Did I do a good job protecting my little brother?