Chapter Three: Forget Me At Vegas

Perry's POV

"One Bacardi lime cocktail." I heard the bartender say to someone, I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around me.

My eyes could only focus on the bright lights that burned my vision; there were pools of shimmering gold and atomic tangerine. My mouth still ached like hell, like someone had repeatedly punched me.

"Can I get you anything sir?" the black haired second bartender asked me.

"Keep the whiskey coming." I replied, setting down my short glass cup. It thumped hard against the wood and the bartender shot me a nasty look. He sighed and returned back to the side of the bar, grabbing a bottle.

My mouth tasted sour, like someone shoved a handful of heart break down my throat. Blinkin' my eyes to rid myself of the lack of moisture in them, I lazily looked around the bar.

There were a few blondes in slinky, tight dresses that didn't rouse anything in me. They had no appeal to me, nothing at all. I was already dead in love with a blonde haired angel, who turns out to be taken.

"Another." I ordered the bartender.

"I'll have a beer." a feminine voice ordered from behind me. I picked up my now filled glass and took a short swig, silently seething inside.

I grabbed a few of the walnuts from a small brown wooden bowl, ignoring the little nut cracker as I crushed the walnuts in my hands, barely using any energy left in me. Small crunches and scrapes against my skin as the nuts turned to so little powder.

A head ache throbbed against my temples, ignoring it I took another drink of the cold whiskey. "More." I said, taping the glass. The bartender grabbed the same bottle and began pouring me another glass.

"Leave the bottle." I said impatiently, grabbing the whiskey glass bottle out of his hands. He threw me an annoyed look and pissed off.

"You're drinking an awful lot." Some voice observed. Without taking my eyes off the glass cup, "What's it to ya?" I replied.

"Oh, just that you're going to get alcohol poisoning or getting really wasted."

"That's what I plan to do."

"Seems stupid."

"You don't know shit about me, sweetheart."

"Whatever, you were warned cowboy."

Finishing off my cup, I unscrewed the bottle and took a nice long drink. The ice went down my throat like an avalanche; my tongue tingled from the sharp little stings of erupting taste.

"Another bottle." I ordered, the one in my hand was half empty. The bartender came round and shook his head at me. "I'm cutting you off."

"What the hell? Why?"

"You've had an alarming amount of alcohol already. No more." He said sternly, I frowned at him, rising up and reached into my pockets. I pulled out a couple of green notes and dropped them on the counter.

I walked out of the warm bar and out into the chilly open. I grabbed a cigarette from the pack and slowly slid it back into my pocket, horns blared around me, piercing my ear drums. Such loud screeches rang through around me.

There was broken glass on the pavement, little bright pieces of orange and green. I stepped over them and heard more crunches that didn't really alarm me.

What the hell am I doing here? I should be back on the ranch, taming the wild horses and pretending I'm not the least bit bothered by Shelly's engagement.