Isshiki Satoshi x Reader: Valentine's Day

Some days, were slow - sad and rainy.

Other days, the sun shone and he would walk through the door - taking your breath away. 

He was tall, slim but nicely built.

Brown hair and blue eyes, a perfect combination. He was usually dressed in a business suit, his eyes always looking out onto the street or down at his phone.

He was gorgeous, and probably had a girlfriend.

Here you were, standing in the back room - looking over the pass, staring at this delicious human being; dressed in your chef uniform, covered in flour and oil.

"Hey," You paid no mind, watching the male in longing.

"Hello?" A tap on your shoulder and you blinked and flushed, turning to gaze at your Head Chef who quirked a brow in amusement.

"It's your turn for a break." He smiled, looking over at the boy of your dreams. He whistled low and loud, and to your horror - managed to gain the attention of said male.

"Not bad, but you could do better." You choked in horror, the air getting caught in your throat.

"Chef, please. Please, not here!" You begged, ducking onto the ground so he couldn't see you, blushing and fumbling. Your Chef had a uh, habit of garnering unwanted attention. From his tattooed sleeves to his massively built form. He was always a standout, which was why you always avoided hanging out with him after work for drinks at the bar.

"What. What am I doing? What's wrong? Your stomach hurt? How bout you go outside and get yourself a drink from the front of house, hm?" 

Oh, oh no. No, no, no, no - 

"Chef-" Before you could even continue, you were picked up like a toddler, his hands tucked under your armpits - and shoved out the door onto the main floor.

"Go get 'im girl, or you're fired!"

He was still watching.

Your face flushed and you waddled over to the counter, your face feeling like a thousand degrees. You took a seat and fiddled with your fingers, face sweating bullets.

You could feel his gaze on your back and you would have cried if it weren't for the situation.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go!

"Hey, (Y/N), how ya doin'." The familiar accent calmed your nerves slightly but you still pulled a strained smile.

"Rough on the nerves, hun?" The server smiled sympathetically.

You laughed a little breathlessly and shook your head.

"Everything's O.K. Chef is just making a fuss about nothing." You murmured, eyes going a little glassy as you wondered what your crush thought.

"Wanna ginger tea?" She hummed, already preparing you a cup.

"Make that two please." The chair to your left pulled out and you stiffened. You'd never heard his voice before, but it sounded like molten chocolate and warm butterflies.

"Comin' right up." She smiled at you and sauntered off, leaving the two of you alone.

Your mind was racing, heart pounding and you felt your face alight. This was - why of all days. Why today?

Your eyes wandered and caught sight of the bright red marker in the shape of a heart on the calendar. 

Of fucking course.

Why in the hell would you not have a regular day on Valentines day. You wanted to sink into the floor, or better yet, spill the hot tea on yourself so you'd have an excuse to leave.

"Are you alright?" Your mind blanked, and you could hear your heartbeat - drumming loudly in your chest.

"P-pardon me?"

"How are you feeling? I could hear your Chef from all the way over there," for effect, he pointed where he was previously sitting. If you had anymore blood rushing to your face, you'd have a nosebleed.

"I'm... Sorry about the commotion. I don't know what got over him." You glared over at the kitchen and to your dismay, your Chef was grinning at you from over the pass with two of your co-workers, even having the gale to throw you a thumbs up.

He laughed, the sound washing over your ears and drowning out your heartbeat.

"That's completely fine, I find it nice of him to care about you."

Care about me getting laid.

"Yeah, he's not too bad." You mumbled. The male beside you smiled and turned to face you more, leaning his arm on the counter and resting his cheek on his hand.

"You know, you smell nice."

You blinked before pulling your gaze up to meet his for the first time.

"Really?"

Normally you'd find this creepy, but for him, you'd make an exception.

"Hm... like thyme or sage." His hand reached out and caressed a strand of hair out of its place from underneath your hat.

"You have lovely eyes." You blurted out, as his eyes widened at the compliment. He pulled his hand away and covered his mouth to conceal his laughter.

"You're adorable..." He choked out, before falling into another fit of chuckles. You smiled slightly, pressing a hand to your chest.

"Thank you."

Valentine's Day didn't seem to be all that bad... 

Note: Hey readers. Wow, it' s been a minute. Now don't get too excited. I feel like... you guys deserved this. As it's one of my most read stories, not to mention, Valentine's day and all that jazz. 

Excuse my writing, it's been a while since I've done anything creative like this. It might be a little sloppy and less fluff than wanted, but please bear with me - I'm trying to get my bearings.

Don't get your hopes up, this isn't a sign that I'm going to be posting regularly, it just means that I had enough in me to put this together for you dudes. so enjoy, yeah? Thanks for all the support guys, it's incredible. much love.