Next Target.

I believe it's safe to say I've officially destroyed my sleeping routine. 

The only reason you decide to wake up now, at 5pm, is because you received a text. Reaching your hand out to your night stand, you take your phone and bring it to your face. The message being from Marco.

'Are you still alive yoi?' It reads, the words causing you to blink a few times. I mean it's only been a week since you all got drunk and he's still eager to hear from you? This doesn't go to say that you're complaining, of course.

You just thought that if you really did tell him that you liked him last week, it would have scared him away. Although you're glad it hasn't. Assuming you did actually tell him and the brothers weren't just messing with you, that is.

You reply to the text to let him know you're alive and kicking, even going as far as to ask about him since he passed out and all. However, it's mainly because you want to keep conversation with this man flowing. 

You reread your reply a couple of times, making sure it doesn't seem nor too distant or whiny. Then you see three dots, he's typing. RETREAT. You instantly click the screen down and eagerly stare at your phone's wallpaper, waiting for him to respond.

The wallpaper itself is you and Marco, a selfie you guys took when you all went on holiday last year. It was you, the brothers, Zoro, Usopp, Whitey Bay, Shanks, Ben, and Yasopp...boy, that was one hell of a holiday.

Whitey Bay being a cousin to the brothers, she was very selective about her favorites though. Adored Ace, Sabo and Thatch, was alright with Marco but Luffy drove her nuts. Take it she's not a fan of kids.

"I'm alright yoi, got another target for a prank. If you're interested." The blonde replies, a shifty-eyed smiling emoji at the end and hell yes, you're interested. You ask who the target is but he only responds with; "I'll pick you up yoi, we can talk about it then!"

How mysterious. 

You decide to get dressed and make yourself look presentable before going outside, waiting on the edge of the side walk. Hopefully he isn't targeting Sabo, that boy's got enough bad luck without pranks kicking his ass also.

You spot a car coming toward you, it looks like Marco's. Good to see that he can still drive with his broken wri--He's going fast. He's going too fast! Your reflexes kick in just in time and you back up, the blonde braking sharply and not endangering you at all, but mowing down a broken rocking chair that somebody had left on the side of the curb.

10/10 driving, Marco! GOOD FUCKING JOB!

It takes you a minute to muster up the spine to some much as get into the car with him after that. Sure, most flaws people point out about this man you'd disagree with in blind denial. But you can't disagree with people who say he's a shitty driver. 

His driving does suck.

Upon opening the passenger-side door, you're greeted by the chirpy Marco. A vast improvement to how he looked last time you saw him. "You look good yoi~!" He chimes, taking the words right out of your mouth but turning them around on you instead.

You just about melt in your seat at the compliment, your cheeks growing warmer by the second. If you had told him you liked him, either he wants to encourage these feelings or he's just playing a joke on you.

Although, it is highly unlikely that he'd do that. Marco's a trickster, sure, but only to an extent. He wouldn't cruelly play with somebody's feelings, he's just not that kind of guy. 

"Thank you~ Gotta say, you don't look so much like a walking corpse anymore~" Aaaand mental facepalm. You didn't mean to come off as a complete bitch, you were meant to say it with a jesters snicker in your voice but the sentence just blurted itself out far too deeply.

So. Damn. Charming. Well done, [F/n]. Your manners are officially as bad as his driving.

"I no longer feel like one either yoi~!" Marco exclaims playfully, seemingly not even taking offense to your accidental diss. The man starting up the engine and actually pulling away at a reasonable pace now. "I wanna play a trick on Ace today~"

You're so thankful that this man isn't too sensitive, he seemed to know you meant the comment as a joke rather than an insult and laughed it off. A true man. "Why Ace?" You curiously murmur, your eyes skimming the scenery outside as you drive on by.

His driving has improved drastically since you've gotten into the car, thank the heavens. You don't fancy the thought of being launched through a windscreen today. 

"He's been messing with me, saying some things about Th--N-Nothing yoi. He's been an asshole, that's all." You're half-tempted to push him for more information but you choose the high road, deciding that the reason doesn't really matter anyway. 

I mean, on a few occasions you've pranked people for no reason at all. 

"Well, it's your lucky day then." You snicker, the blonde taking a brief glance at you before his orbs flicker back to the road, the intrigued curiosity lighting up his features as a quiet hums leaves his lips, urging you to elaborate. "I happen to know what creeps Ace out~"

Being the freckled male's best friend, you learn many things. And not just about him either, you know that Thatch hates taking baths because when he and Marco had to share when they were little, Marco took a shit in the water and the log floated straight toward poor Thatch.

Of course, he was too young to simply climb out so he had to watch and scream in horror as it approached him. Newgate finding the scene all too hilarious to even help Thatch out of the tub himself. Marco doesn't know that you're aware of this story, however. You'd bet he'll be embarrassed by it if he did though.

You also know that Sabo had a massive crush on Whitey Bay when he was young, that is until he found out they were cousins anyway. And Ace's first kiss was with a boy when he was still a toddler, Trafalgar Law as it happens.

The two were in play school together and ended up having a fight, the teachers demand that they hug and give each other an apologetic kiss on the cheek. Although, the two went in for the cheek kiss at the same time and caught each other's lips instead...they haven't spoken to each other civilly since that day.

"Good yoi, I want Ace to suffer~ And to have nightmares tonight~" 

Jesus, what did he do?!