Can You Be My Doctor?

"Right, I think it's safe to assume we can leave yoi." Marco murmurs when Sabo's soft snores begin to fill the air, you follow his lead as he sneaks out of the room. It's only in this moment you notice the beads of sweat pouring down his face. And he usually acts so calm.

"That was too close yoi~" He chuckles quietly the second you make it out into the hallway, you notice that he's cradling his hand, or wrist, the one that Sabo twisted. he's trying to be subtle about it by throwing humor at the situation though. "Quick thinking with hiding under the bed~"

"I just panicked, mimicking your actions if anything. Let's go to the kitchen, I'll take a look at that wrist." You already know he'll argue, these brothers all have the stubborn trait in common. So before he does, you usher him along to give a clear hint that he doesn't have a choice in the matter.

"It's fine yoi, just a sprain." He mumbles as you herd him down the stairs as if he's a stray sheep, still not letting him wiggle his way out of your care. You flick the lights on upon entering the kitchen, you know this house like it's your own so you don't need to stop constantly and tediously ask him where things are.

You sit him down on the stool by the counter, giving his wrist a small turn, one that he should be able to do just fine but his limb only locks up and he flinches at the action, a pained groan leaving his lips.

Seems like a pretty bad sprain. There's a lot of swelling and it's already beginning to bruise.

"That little shit is a lot tougher than he looks, huh?" Marco snickers, trying to throw humor at his pain, his face going slightly red. You can tell that he's embarrassed, probably thinks he looks stupid right now for getting his ass handed to him by his younger brother.

But not to you, no. All five of these boys are freakishly strong, even Luffy, you're not surprised that having Sabo twist his wrist like that would hurt like hell. "Can you grip my finger?" You question as you slip your index finger into his grasp but he can't seem to grip it, a pained cringe shooting across his features when he even attempts to.

"Are you fucking kidding me yoi, this is some sort of joke." 

"I think he broke your wrist." You mutter quietly, he must have had the same thought process as you because the pout on his face doesn't shift at all and there's no surprise in his expression whatsoever. 

"Who gets their wrist broken by a sleeping person? Seriously yoi..."

"Apparently, you do~" A slight snicker in your tone as you press your finger to the tip of the blonde's nose gently, a playful smile spreading across your lips. "I'll call a cab to take us to the hospital so we can have you looked over properly, okay?"

"No." Marco grumbles bitterly in response, his eyes trailing your movements as you take an ice pack from the freezer and a first aid kit from the cupboard under the sink. "I don't like doctors yoi."

Without even listening to his complaints, you place the ice pack on his swollen and bruised wrist, receiving another pained groan. The blonde winching as his other hand comes up to your bicep, gripping it tightly as if to ease the pain. 

It doesn't really hurt you though, you can tell he's holding back, maybe because you're a girl. "If you need to squeeze my arm, then go ahead if you believe it'll make your experience less painful." Of course he only shakes his head stubbornly, his grip only tightening ever so slightly but not nearly enough to help him in any way.

Honestly, stubborn man.

You begin to wrap a roll of bandage around the ice pack to hold it in place, your eyes locking on Marco's as an idea comes to mind. "Do you really want a broken wrist when the others wake up? How will you be able to defend yourself~?"

The question causes the blonde to sigh in defeat, although the sigh gets interrupted when you jolt his wrist slightly, a pained and muffled yelp leaving his throat and his grip on your bicep only now deciding to clamp tightly.

Admittedly, it does hurt a little now but you make sure to contain any whines. He needs an arm to squeeze? Then hell, you'll be his arm. You reach for your phone with your spare hand, beginning to dial the number for a taxi firm nearby. "Just hang on a moment, Marco."

Of course that's exactly what he's doing, his grip tightening on your arm as the ice takes effect. Sure, ice is meant to help swelling and such but it's not doing much for his pain, clearly. His hand is surely leaving a print on your arm right now and his teeth are gritting together so hard, it's a surprise they don't shatter entirely.

"Hello, am I calling from 72, New World Avenue. I need a cab to the hospital as soon as possible please. My friend has broken his wrist." You smile in reassurance when the man on the other end informs you that a cab just dropped someone off close by so they'll be about 5 minutes at the most. 

Marco's grip loosening as he gets used to the ice, his eyes staring up at you as you hang up the phone. "You should go back to bed yoi, you're still in your pajamas." He murmurs quietly, his voice still riddled with pain.

Like hell.

"I'll be joining you, Marco. Gotta make sure you actually go." You're somewhat lying now, you know that he'll go now that a cab is called, he wouldn't want to waste the guy's time. But there's no way you're leaving him, you would feel awful for pulling a stunt like that. Hell, you wouldn't even be able to sleep tonight.

You notice a small intake of his breath, almost like a gasp but not quite. Glancing down at him, you notice his eyes are locked on your chest...wait, not your chest, your bicep. Following his orbs, you soon notice that he had indeed left a mark. Not just a simple handprint either, a pretty nasty bruise.

Damn, he really is tough.

"Are you okay yoi?" He asks sharply, his eyes staring up at you and impatiently awaiting an answer, there's even a glimmer of shock in his eyes, as if he didn't even know his own strength. "Why didn't you tell me that I was hurting you??"

"Hey, hold on here, you're the one with the broken wrist!" You playfully snap, giving him a half-hearted swat around his head with a careless giggle leaving your lips. "It doesn't hurt anyway, my skin just has a habit of bruising easily."

The new information seems to ease the blonde slightly, a small smile gracing his lips as he stands from the stool, making his way over to the rack and grabbing his jacket. Although he only turns around and offers you the coat instead.

"You'll freeze out there in your pajamas yoi. If you're not going to use the time to change then wear this, at least." You know full well that if the cab gets here while you're changing then Marco will just go without you so you're not taking chances. 

You take his jacket without a seconds hesitation, the material coated with his scent and just as warm as the man himself. You make your way over to your shoes next, slipping them on also. 

Sure you look mismatched; your boots with your baggy pajamas and a male's coat thrown on over them but who cares, right? It's just the hospital after all. You hear a car pull up outside, Marco already taking a peak out of the window with a dreadful look in his eyes.

"Alright, the cab's here yoi..."

Who would've thought? Marco? Not a fan of doctors? 

Original Prankster. {Marco x Reader}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें