Chapter 7

Raven POV

         I let out a small sigh as Zira left the room. I knew that she was right and I probably should just talk to Damon and see how he is but I couldn't risk seeing Drake again. I have constantly been going into trances. The future isn't set in stone. It can change. I knew that I would see Damon again, that much was certain but I still didn't know about anyone else. I had finally gotten over the block that was placed on my mind and saw everything that Rosalinda did. I understood how she had blocked my powers but where she even got the pendant in the first place is what puzzles me. My visions are still kind of fuzzy from it's effects but at least I knew why.

         Everyday I went into a trance to try and see more. So far I only have gotten flashes. Blood. War. Death. Betrayal. Pain. And finally love. The last one confused me the most because, after all, I have no heart so how could I love? I felt a surge of power and I knew that Zira had gone through a portal. I groaned. Why couldn't she just let me be miserable on my own?

I closed my eyes and did something I haven't done in years. I let my mind flow and travel, connecting to the piece of my soul left behind. Feeling the curious sensation surrounding me I relaxed and let my soul combine with it's missing piece. I opened my eyes and saw the garden surrounding me. Looking down I saw my rose bush. I could sense it's enjoyment at being reunited with me again. I was a floating ghost - like projection tied to the bush. I could only go as far as the bush's furthest tip. I looked up at the sun. Judging by where it was, I would say it was sometime in the afternoon.

    I grinned in relief as I saw Damon walking down the path. But the grin quickly fell off my face as a scowl replaced it. For walking next to him was none other then Zira and Drake himself along with a bunch of other people. Zira glanced at me and her eyes widened before she smirked at me, steering everyone over to where I was. I was now able to hear what they were saying.

"Let me get this straight. You want me to come to the land of Dragons in the Draconian mountains to tell Raven to start living and stop acting like a zombie and get a hold of herself? But you still wont tell me who did that to her or why you aren't able to do it yourself." I glared at Zira and she gave me a sheepish grin in return.

"Well, the reason why she is like that is secret because if I tell you, she will know and I don't feel like making her angrier then she already is. And I already told you why I can't do it. I have tried for two months but as you have obviously have noticed, I'm not the best person to go to in an emotion crises." She shot me a quick apologetic look. I was practically fuming. How dare she just go here after I told her not to do anything and that there was no way I was going back?!

I looked at Drake and noticed how bad he really looked. He obviously wasn't taking care of himself but that was his fault. Serves him right. But despite his moody appearance, he was otherwise fine. My chest ached in pain and I nearly lost my connection to the bush as I gasped silently, clutching the spot where my heart used to be. I saw Zira's eyes flash in panic and she froze before lunging over to me. I saw the other stare at her but I was in so much pain now that I was practically invisible. 

"Raven! What's wrong? What's happening?" She was whispering and I knew that she looked crazy to the others, talking to a bush, but no one would dare argue with her.

"Drake...Heart...Pain...So much Pain..." I whimpered. "Don't...Make...Me see...Him again." I managed to force out before everything went black and the last thing I was aware of was the feeling of being in my own body again with the smell of fire and brimstone surrounding me.

Zylan POV

I was walking down a hallway towards Raven's room when I heard a loud crashing sound. I raced towards her door and ripped it open. She was laying there on the floor unconscious with a look of tortured pain on her face. She was also whimpering. That was weird. Why was she in pain? I picked her up carefully, making sure not to jostle her too much. After laying her down on the bed I ran out towards the hospital wing. The healer, Jaxion, was there mixing some potion that smelled like wild daisies. He was ancient with sky blue scales and green eyes. But despite his age, he was one of the most powerful dragons in his castle but preferred to heal rather then hurt. 

"Jaxion, its Raven. I'm not sure what's wrong but I heard a crash and then found her lying on the ground in pain."

He looked up and then nodded slowly. He gathered his bag of herbs and medicine and followed me to Raven's room. I just hoped that he could help.