Chapter 3

Raven POV

The next few days were awful. All the people in our pack whowere around the age of 17 were looking for their mates. That was the whole reason for the ball in 6 days - So that they could find their mates  in case they were in other packs. The ball always had a large amount of packs get together so that it would be easier for everyone to meet each other. I stayed locked up in the library, constantly having flashbacks of my past before the pack.

*Flashback*

Grinning as I held on tightly to Kale, I thought smugly to myself that i had actually managed to escape when i was only 6 years old. One day when I'm older I will kill you all, I swore to myself. I would return and make them pay.Sending out a quick burst of power, I scanned the area for anyone following us. Going ridgid as i realized we were being followed not by weres but by vampires I gripped tighter to Kale. he noticed and said,

"Whats wrong?" Concern flashed in his eyes as he ran faster.

"We're being followed by vampires." I whispered back shakily. Vampires. that one word was enough to send chills down my back. They would not hesitate to kill me if they got a hold of me as my blood is like an overwhelming drug to them. They can't help themselves. I could blow them up but I coul only manage one before collapsing. I knew that my powers would grow with age or something like that so I knew I would be able to do much more when i was older but i wasn't strong enough yet.

Kale's eyes flashed a burning red as he started to grow hotter. Demons nd vampires hate each other btu they have a truce that prevents a war between the two kingdoms. That doesn't mean that they won't hesitate to kill each other if given the chance. Sensing the air again I realized they had caught our scent and were gaining on us.

"They're getting closer." I whimpered as I held onto Kale for my dear life. Kale suddenly realized that he would have to fight so he went to a clearingwhere there was a huge fallen log resting in the middle. Knowing that he probably planned on setting this place on fire, i quickly drew water from the air into a puddle near the edge of the clearing to put it out after the fight.

The vampires entered the clearing. They were obviously related as there were 3 of them, all with the same green eyes and black hair. The oldest one stepped forwards. Kale placed me on the ground behind hima nd prepared to fight. I noticed the other two grinning wickidly at me so I quickly made a wall of air around me that would be nearly impossible to penetrate, even if someone was a vampire. I could feel my energy draining but I refused to give up. i watched as Kale and the vampire circled each other.

"So, I always knew you demons were messed up but loving a human child. That's just fucked up." the vampire taunted, his eagerness to fight written all over his face.

"The only way you get her is over my dead body!" Kale hissed back at him as his hair turned into fire and his wings popped out of his back.

The vampire grinned and I entered his mind carefully and slowly so that he couldn't possibly notice my presence in his mind. i was shocked at the fact that the moment I entered his mind, he was in the middle of a mental conversation with his brothers. this was not goood, not good at all.

'While I'm fighting this hot head, you go and grab the girl Jason, while you , Zane, help me attack him. remember not to breath in her scent or we will go crazy. The witch was very specific about that fact.' He said in his mind. i knew I didn't have much time to act but if they already knew I was the oracle, then why did I bother hiding it? Moving into action, I summoned up a wall of fire and launched it strait at the youngest vampire.  think his name was Jason. I swayed from the amount of energy that had taken but at least I was still awake. Grabbing a long, sharp branch from a nearby tree, I charged at the vampire named ZAne. He easily dodged my efforts and captured me into his arms. I struggled to get away and to stay awake at the same time. i could get away i realized, but would faint dirctly after so it wouldn't be much use. utting as much energy as i dared into Kale, I felt the world spinnning but managed to stay in a sort of semiconcious state. I watched through blurry eyes as Kale charged the vapire. His fire was surrounding them at this point so all I could see was flames and smoke. IU could hear the hissing and screaming but I couldn't understand it as my head dropped lower. Zane tigtened his grip on me as I slowly started to collapse. Then the fiery heat disappeared and I was left confused. the last thing I heard was The tall vampire yelling at Zane,

"Tie her up and carry her. The demon is dead, finally. I swear that guy was crazy, lighting everything like he did. He almost got me once or twice but I couldn't have everybody thinking that I was defeated by a demon child a hole century younger then my self now could I? C'mon we have to get her to..." That was all I heard before the darkness engulfed me.

*Present* I snapped out of my memories as I heard a knock on the door. I got up slowly and floated over. Not trusting myself to walk at the moment. Opening the door I was faced with a furious looking Rosie and her 2 little droids, Juliet and Vicki. Raising an eyebrow at them i waited to hear what was wrong now. 

"You little bitch! I demand that you destroy your fucking roses like right now or I will like fucking burn them myself!" Rosie screamed waving her bandaged arms around dramatically. When she noticed the bored look I was giving her she glared at me.

"You think that just because you are the oracle that you are better then all of us?! Huh?! Well I'll tell you something! You aren't! You are just a sad lonely emo bitch with some lucky powers. Has anybody evr loved you? Told you that you actually matter?" Noticing the change in my mood she continued getting louder and louder.

"Well you don't! Not even Damon likes you! The poor boy is just with you because he pities you and you know it! I hope that you get rejected quickly by whoever your poor unlucky mate is at the ball next week or else they might actually have to spend more then 5 minutes with you and realize their mistake of not getting rid of you earlier. Better yet, how about you don't come at all and just go drown your self in a puddle or something. By bitch and I still expect to have that bush removed by tomorrow or else!" She threatened as she walked away, her ass wiggling like the crazy hoe that she is. I sighed as I thought about everything that she said.

I had known that Rosie didn't like me but I didn't think she would confront me so soon. Running my hands through my long black locks I sighed again. What if she was right? What if Damon only talked to me out of pity? He was the only person I was close to and if he left me, i don't know what I'd do. Going back into the library, I picked up the book I had been reading and continued. But the thought didn't leave my mind. I just sat there and ponderd, what if she was right? That seemed to be the only question in my mind.

*5 days later*

Damon POV

Raven had seemed a little distant lately, even to me. She refused to tell me what was wrong but i couldn't help but notice that she kept staring at me as if trying to figure somehting out. Without thinking, i blurted out,

"Why do you keep staring at me like I'm going to kill something?"

She just sat there then said slowly,

"I'm just wondering about something someone said to me the other day." She had a distant look in her eyes then she quickly refocused on the dress she was making. It was a long purple dress with pickups in the skirt part (See picture!). I just nodded and thought about what could possibly be making her so worried. 'maybe she had a vision' my wolf said. 'maybe' I agreed but something else seemed to be bothering her. I didn't ask her again knowing that it would be completely pointless but I would still be on the lookout for anything strange.

Rosalinda POV

I hate that bitch. I knew she couldn't see it but every guy in the pack was attracted to her. How could they possibly be attracted to someone they see once every 3 days, if that! I knew that she was beautiful, I wont deny that, but if she refused to be near anybody, why did they keep looking at her as if she was the most beautiful thing in the world. It makes me sick! The only person who I'm really interested in loves her more then himself and I don't even know why! All she does is mope and sigh all day being miserable in her lonly life. I try to get him to notice me but does he even look my way? NO!!  All he ever thinks about is "Raven this" and "Raven that" and "I'm really worried about Raven". I love him but I knew it was a pointless effort.

I was in love with Damon Acqua and no body knew.

*************************************************

Tell me what you think and comment and vote :D

I will try to update as soon as I can and I will find pictures of all the guys. The next chapter will be about the ball.

***Ray***