Chapter 4

Rosalinda POV

It was the day before the ball and i was sooooo nervous. What if my mate hates me? I knew it wasn't Damon because we were both of age yet he just wasn't my mate. It made me really sad that he wasn't my mate but i knew that feeling would go away when i found my mate. Right now i was running patrol along the borders. My wolf was a sandy color with a silver streak down my back. I loved the feeling of air running through my fur. Suddenly I caught a scent. It was a mixture of evergreen, cinnamon, and fresh wood. It drove me crazy as I instantly turned towards it and ran as fast as I could. in my head Icould hear my wolf yelling, "MATE!!!!! MINE!!!!!! FASTER!!!!!!! I WANT MY MATE!!!!!!!".

I slowed down as I got to a pond. There on the side of it drinking was a massive silver wolf. I could tell he was an alpha from the  power coming off of him and the size of him. He was even bigger then Drake!!!! I froze as he stood up. He whipped his head around and stared at me with eyes even more silver then his coat. They mesmerized so much that I didn't notice that he was standing right in front of me. He shifted back and then he spoke,

"Shift back so i can talk to you." His voice was so addicting i did what he said instantly and without thinking. He stood at about 6'4, a lot taller then my 5'6 and his hair and eyes were the same shade as they were in his wolf form. I couldn't help but look him up and down as he was naked. I wasn't though because Raven made it so that when we shifted we were fully clothed in what we were wearing before. I felt so self concious in my plain teal shirt and dark blue skinnies. He had an 8 pack and his muscles were well defined, strong but lean. He had high cheek bones and full lips above a strong jaw. He looked to be around 19, which was 2 years older then me. 

"What's your name?" He asked. I swear i could listen to his voice forever. 

"Rosalinda, but everybody calls me Rose or Rosie." i responded. I was so nervous. What if he didn't want me. My wolf was nervous too. I started to shake a little bit from the way he was staring at me, it was as if he was thinking about the different ways to kill me. His eyes softened when he saw me scared face.

"I'm Derek. I'm the Alpha of my pack of rogues." Oh shit! If he was a rogue then we couldn't be together. He noticed my terrified expression and thought it was because of him.

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you and i promise nobody else will ever." He stated and i believed every word out of his mouth.

i took a deep breath before responding, "It's not that. t's just that we can't be together  and...and...If we..we ar...re caug...ght togeth...ther, then you could be killed!!!" I started to cry as I said that.

"Why will i be killed? Who is your alpha? What pack are you from?" He asked trying to understand why i was crying so much.

"My alpha is Drake Thorn and I'm from the Night Shadow pack.You'll be killed because Raven will know that i am leaving them for a rogue and she will tell." I started to cry harder.

"Shhhhh, it's gonna be ok. Why will this Raven know what you are doing?"

"Shes the oracle." i spat out angry at the fact that this bitch that I already hated would keep me from having my mate.

I looked over at Derek who seemed to be lost in thought. Then he smirked and said, "I have a plan."

Raven POV

I couldn't stop all the flashbacks. They were like trances except worse because i would feel what was happening. I have enchanted the door so that people would feel the need to walk away from it when they got to close. It was dnagerous for any one to be too close to me when i am have unstable emotions.

*Flashback*

I groaned as i sat up. Great, I thought to myself, another prison. There was something off though. I tried to send out a burst of power to find where I was but it felt as if I were blocked by something. I froze as i realized what had happened. A purple tear slid out of my ete as i remembered Kale and what had happened to him. I swear I will get a headache soon from trying to remember all the people on my  "to kill" list. I flinched as the door opened and a man wearing a robe stood there. Warlock, i thought to myself. This was bad, really bad. I backed up until i got trapped in the corner. He grinned and walked towards me.