Chapter 10

Raven's POV

I flew faster and faster, the forest blurring as I sped through the trees. The warlocks' power was growing and I hoped they got all the elder dragons into the castle in time. And that my own magic was strong enough to protect me from their spells. I could see them gathered around the lake now. The Lake of Silver Tears was a powerful place for any spell or ritual to occur. Its natural flowing energy enhanced the magic around it, making it a prime location for healing and relaxation. I sped up, mentally wincing as I saw the protective barrier I would have to break through to get to the hundreds of warlocks and witches gathered on the shore. 

I closed my eyes as I crashed into the barrier, the force field struggling to push me back. After a few precious moments, it shattered in a shower of red sparks. I floated there, trying to recover my strength as I looked down at my opponents. There were warlocks and witches from all over the world, from lowly hedge witches to grand mages. I took a deep breath before diving into an attack.

The warlocks did not move as I flew directly at them, my silver form reflecting the afternoon sun. I flew faster, gathering as much power as I could. Yet they still did not move. Too late did I realize the trap they had set as a few dozen removed their cloaks, showing their marked bodies. Necromancers. I tried to pull up, but my momentum was too great. They started to chant and I felt them starting to take over. I fought, but it was no use. They had control over my every movement. And a direct link to the pura magia, I added.

"Raven!!" I opened my eyes, the only part of my body I could still control and glanced down. Damon stood there, a shield of ice surrounding him. What was Damon doing here? I glanced over and saw Zira and Zylan here too. I rolled my eyes in irritation. What was the point of me coming here if they were just going to follow me?

"Raven, listen to me! You can fight this! I know you can! You have to!! If you give up then everything is lost! Please Raven!" Damon begged as he fought off a horde of warlocks. He was holding his own, but he wouldn't be able to keep it up. Zira and Zylan fought together, but they were much weaker in their human forms than they would have been in their dragon ones. I watched as Zira dispatched two with the rapier she wielded while Zylan broke the neck of another before spinning and stabbing two more with the daggers he held. But there was nothing I could do. I was helpless.

Damon POV

I fought as best I could, but there were just too many of them. They came at me in the dozens and my ice was only so strong. I couldn't risk going into my wolf form as I didn't know if they could sap my powers like they were doing to the dragons. Sure I didn't have dragon magic, but my powers were pretty strong and they might take them just to have an extra advantage. Raven just floated there, her eyes glued on the action while the rest of her body remained motionless. There had to be some way to get through to her.

Raven? I called mentally. Her only response was to look at me, her eyes showing her true misery and helplessness. The silver glow she had had when she flew out here had faded and seemed to go into the strange tattooed warlocks standing in a circle below her. They were chanting some sort of spell and whatever they were doing seemed to be working.

I looked over at Zira and Zylan and watched as they were lost under a mob of bodies. I ducked as a spell was flung at me, making it hit a witch sneaking up behind me. I grinned as an idea flew into my mind, ducking again as a warlock threw himself at me. I froze him into a statue then turned and ran towards the lake, a few hundred warlocks chasing after me. I ducked spell after spell, smiling smugly when one particular witch's spells kept hitting the other warlocks. I dove in, carefully forming a bubble of air around me. Sinking to the bottom, I sat down concentrating on Raven.

Raven POV

I watched as Damon jumped into the lake, hoping he would swim to the other side and get away. Zira and Zylan were under a huge pile of warlocks, but I could see them struggling to free themselves. I gasped as an image was forced into my head. I disappeared after a moment and I glanced around confused.

Don't fight it Raven.

Damon?

Trust me.

I frowned, but waited to see what he was trying to show me. An image of Drake filled my mind and suddenly I was bombarded with hundreds of memories. The time they had saved me from Mentire, the time they convinced me to go fishing with them only for a hurricane to come and nearly drown us all, memories of us sitting around a fire telling stories. Memories of us dancing, of Drake kissing me. Of Rosalinda kissing him. Of the pendant she wore around her neck. He hadn't betrayed me. She had taken over his mind and forced him to reject me.

I gasped as my chest seemed to split, all my emotions flowing out at once in a huge surge of magic. The necromancers stood no chance as my rage exploded. I would kill that bitch. But to do that I would have to kill the warlocks first. They would only hinder my vengeance.

With a fury I didn't think possible, I attacked, sending warlocks flying. I spun around and around, blasting any warlock I saw into ashes. They retreated, screams filling the air as I pursued. They would all die for their attempt to control me.

Damon POV

My jaw dropped as I watched Raven kill the warlocks. Despite her being outnumbered, a couple hundred to one, she attacked with a vicious savagery that let me know my plan had worked. I turned to where Zira and Zylan were digging their way out of a mound of bodies. They were soaked head to toe in blood and cuts and burns covered their bodies.

"What happened?" Zira asked as she finally pulled clear of the bodies.

"I helped Raven to remember the truth about what happened the night of the ball. I had my suspicions, but only Raven knew the truth. Except that the pendant had warped and blocked her memories of what had happened." I explained, watching as she chased the remaining warlocks into the forest, her screams of rage and fury making me pity anyone on the receiving end.

"Come, let us return to the palace. Raven will join us soon." Zylan said, turning and changing into his dragon form. Zira followed suit then leaned down enough for me to jump up onto her back. They took off simultaneously, their high spirits clear as they jokingly raced each other. I kept my eyes on the forest where Raven had disappeared. There were no signs of her or the remains of the warlock army.

Rosalinda POV

I sat there staring at the terrifying man before me. He was the same height as Derek, but with giant muscles and a permanent sneer. His flat black stare made her want to go hide in my room and lock the doors and the menacing scar that ran from the tip of his right eye almost to his chin only added to the scary factor. His whole body screamed danger, yet he was here as an ally. Donovan Slash, leader of the Hunters.

I turned away from his glare and looked at the others gathered around the table. There was Seth Trang, Donovan's second in command and Donovan's daughter, Hecate, who had the same evil stare as her father. Across from them were Jacob Peters, Derek's beta and his omega, Robert Wenth. At the other end of the table sat 3 more rogue alphas and their betas and omegas. I sat at the head of the table next to Derek who was watching the others curiously. They had gathered to discuss their plans and how the next few weeks would work.

"Everyone listen up!" Derek's voice silenced the chattering group, calling their attention to the silver haired alpha.

"I'm glad you're all here. We should be gaining a few more packs from the southwithing the next couple days and Donovan has promised us another 100 Hunters by next week. The leaders and highest ranking officers will stay in the pack house. Everyone else will have to set up tents or build temporary residences unless we figure something else out. My pack gets priority when it comes to land and will remain in their own homes on the property and will not have to accomodate anyone they don't want to. Are we all agreed so far?" He asked, looking around the room. Everyone nodded although the Hunters seemed annoyed with the thought of their troops sleeping outside. 

"Then let us get on with the plans for the next couple weeks."

************************************************************************************************************

Hi everyone!!!!! I know I haven't updated in a while, but if you want me to continue writing either this story or any of my other ones just let me know!! Any feedback or comments are greatly appreciated!! I'll reply to anything you send me and I'm being completely serious when I say any feedback is appreciated both good and bad. Let me know if there's anything you really hate or want to happen in the story and I'll see what I can do!! Thanks for reading!!!

***Ray***