1. Someday

*There are some happy Lambrose fanfiction in this book and then there are sad ones. Very sad ones.*

No Particular POV:

"Oh my god she's really here!"

"Really?"

"Yes she's just walked through the door!"

"No way."

"Yes way."

"I can't believe it."

"Neither can I."

"She looks so beautiful."

"Eyes off she's mine."

"As if."

"Why you little..."

"Gentlemen?"

"Yes?" They replied in unison.

The two men in question were a sight to behold. One wearing a garish tiger waistcoat with what one may assume to be a ridiculous speck of beard on his chin.

The other a tall daunting figure who was the apple of most ladies eye that night. A handsome man no doubt, but one that radiates power and money, someone many ladies have made their prey for the evening but one that will freeze you with their icy glare.

However attractive the two men may be the seemed a bit, well how do I put it strange. Very peculiar indeed. Always one of them watching the door waiting. Having very hushed conversations.

Although they may appear friends the looks they shot each other may as well have been bullets. Looks can be very, very deceiving. But not these ones. The intent of said look is to kill the other with their eyes.

These two men make quite a pair. The theories of what they're doing are wild and wacky. The two most popular theories running through the guests was that they were fighting over a lady or they were enamoured with each other.

How scandalous!

The latter theory among guests appeared to be incorrect as a beautiful yet plain women with a rather, well some would say generous derrière approached the arguing men.

The woman in question had brown locks that ran down too her shoulders. Quite short for a women but still complemented her face.

Plain yet elegant that's what emitted from this woman.

Well anger and confusion too as she stared at the two men who both paused mid argument, fresh tomato red blushes gracing their cheeks.

"Hello gentlemen."

"Miss Linton what a surprise! I would never have guessed you would be here." The man rose from his snappy but cheerful bow.

He knew that if Miss Linton were to attend this ball the first thing she would look for is chocolate. He thanked god he knew this women well enough. He knew of her love of chocolate and he also knew of his own love for her.

He fondled the ring buried deep in his pocket. Someday.

Rikkard Ambrose watched the exchange with a heavy heart and fire burning through his body. He watched as the captains fingers gingerly stroked the inside of his pocket.

He felt them before he looked at them. Beautiful swirling pools of brown. Fiery passionate. Everything he wants. Everything he can't have.