Chapter 28

☁️Rakim Mayers☁️

"Melanie!!!"I yelled as I walked inside the house. She didn't answer and I looked all around the house. I went into her closet and all her stuff was gone.

"Wassup man"Ferg answered.

"She's gone"

"Who Mel?"

"No, me. Yes Mel"

"Well what are you gonna do?"

"Why do you think I called you for?"I said frustrated with him.

"Well track illz car and see if you find her"He said.

"Thanks man"

"No prob"He said and I hung up.

I pulled up the tracker to his car and it was at a hotel. I ran out the house and jumped in my car driving off.

I made it to the hotel and got out. I walked inside and went to the receptionist.

"Hello. How may I help you?"She smiled.

"Did Melanie Jones rent a room?"I asked.

"Yes"

"Can you give me her room number?"

"Sorry sir, we can't give out that information"

"Please"I said leaning more into her and showing my million dollar smile.

"I think I can make an exception"She smiled and then looked at her computer.

"She's in room 401 on the 5th floor and here"She said handing me a piece of paper.

I forced a fake smile and went on the elevator. I crumbled up the paper and threw it down on the floor. I made it to the 5th floor and went to room 401. I knocked on the door and covered the peephole.

"I'm not opening the door if I don't know what you look like"She yelled. I knocked on it again and the door swinged open and a gun was pointed to my chest.

"Put the gun down Mel"

"No! You need to leave"

"Please put the gun down"I said impatiently.

"Rak-"She said but before she could finish I snatched the gun from right out of her hand.

I pushed her inside and then pinned her to the wall. "Where's Zara?"I asked.

"She's asleep"She said trying to not make eye contact with me.

"Look at me Mel"I said and she continued to look at the floor.

"I'm not gon repeat myself Melanie"I said sternly.

"What rakim?"She said looking up at me.

"Why weren't you at the house when I got there?"

"Obviously, I was here"She chuckled nervously.

"I'm serious Mel. Stop laughing"I yelled and she flinched.

"Just tell me why you left"

"I don't wanna hurt you or the guys. Illz died because of me and I don't want the same for you"She said as tears came down here face.

"It wasn't your fault Mel. Illz chose to step in front of those bullets for you. And I'm promise you, I'm gonna find out who shot him"

"I already know it was devontae"

"It's a possibility. But I don't know what you were thinking about leaving me. We in this forever whether you like it or not"I said.

"I'm sorry rocky. I'm just so inlove with you and-"

"Wait! Did you say I love you?"I said surprised.

"Yea...."

"Finally"I yelled picking her up and spinning her around.

"Shhh.......rakim. Zara is asleep"She said covering my mouth.

"Pack up your stuff and take it to the car. I'll bring Zara down"I said and she nodded. She got her duffle bag and walked out the door.

I went inside her room and picked up a sleeping Zara. I walked out the room and into the elevator. It finally got to the first floor and I walked out the building not even paying the receptionist any mind. I laid her down in the backseat and got in the drivers seat driving off.