Chapter Eleven: Last Night Alone

Chapter Eleven

Last Night Alone

My eyes open and I look over at the clock on the wall. It's 2 am. I don't need to be up until 6 am. I groan and close my eyes again. I hear my door open and open them again.

"Clove.... are you awake?" I hear a male voice whisper.

"Yes," I whisper back.

I hear footsteps then see someone jump over me. They wrap their arms around my wast and pull me close.

"Why didn't I just confess my love for you? At least it would have been the truth."

Cato seems aggravated but I can't say I blame him. Anyone with eyes could notice that Katniss doesn't feel the same way. Peeta might have been telling the truth but you never know.

"It wouldn't have helped us any."

"It might have. Our mentors were talking about how many sponsors they were going to have now. I just want to kill that girl."

"You can soon enough."

"I just want to make this night mean something. A night to never forget."

I turn so that I'm facing him and say," How are you going to do that?"

He kisses me and says," Like this."

I kiss him back and soon enough we're making out. He gets on top of me and continues kissing. We start undressing each other. This is the last night we can be ourselves with each other. I'm not going to regret doing this. I'm in love this boy.

I lay in his arms with my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beat. It's really soothing.

"You should probably go back to your room incase someone comes in here."

"I don't want to."

"Fine with me."

"They're already sending me off to my death tomorrow. What can they do?"

"Nothing. If they catch us, they couldn't do anything. Without us, there isn't a show."

"Exactly."

"I love you, Cato."

"I love you too, Clover."