9. adventure time

Start from the beginning

Tony wrapped his arms around Peter and June's shoulders and a huge smirk appeared on his face.

"These kids could kick your four asses in a heartbeat, literally," Tony said, making June blush. She definitely wasn't used to compliments, even if saying that she could beat someone up like a pro was a twisted type of compliment. "We've already won with them by our side."

"Well then, why are we even fighting," a man with dark skin and a suit that looked very similar to Tony's said, rolling his eyes. That was James Rhodes, aka Iron Patriot. Next to him were who she thought was Vision, who was observing her like a painting in a museum and it creeped her out, and T'Challa, also known as Black Panther.

"Come on, introduce yourselves," Tony pushed the two forward again and June sent Peter a quick stare to mentally inform him of the level of panic she was at currently. He nodded at her, quickly squeezing her hand before letting go.

"My name is Peter Parker, but I go as Spiderman. And she is June Sullivan, also known as Clessidra. I gained my powers when a spider bit me-"

"Yeah, yeah, we already know all about you, spider kid. But you," Natasha turned towards June, a frown on her face. "what is it that you actually do?"

June opened her mouth to speak, but Vision talked before she could say anything. "She controls time."

Silence fell around the small group, but June felt oddly calm. She was surprised that Vision knew, but she wasn't that bothered on how he did it. Now they knew about it, and they could have decided either to accept it or consider her a freak. Either way, she didn't have to hide for once, and that felt too good to act all shy since everyone was staring at her.

"Really?" T'Challa asked. June simply shrugged, searching for Peter's assurance once again.

No one really knew what to say and, nevertheless, June was starting to feel quite annoyed, when Tony clapped his hands and said it was time to leave.

They all gathered inside the quinjet and June sat down on a seat, securing her bag between her legs before putting her seat belt on. She placed her hands on her knees and, when she raised her head, she noticed that her and Peter were the only ones who had actually sat down and did what was normal before a flight. Natasha was randomly standing next to Tony, who was guiding the quinjet, and was observing the view in front of her. T'Challa was standing still with his arms crossed, Rhodes was checking his tablet and Vision was still staring at her.

"He creeps me out," June whispered towards Peter, who followed her gaze towards the droid.

"Shhh." Peter elbowed her with a panicked expression. "He probably heard you."

He stood still as a statue when he noticed Vision was floating towards them. June hoped he wasn't going to threaten her or anything.

"Are you busy? I want to exchange a few words with you, if you don't mind," he politely said. June nodded without saying a word and he sat down next to her, opposite to where Peter was standing.

"Time is a very peculiar power to hold. Do you know how you acquired it?" he asked, talking about it as if it was one of the most normal conversations in the world.

June shook her head. "It just appeared, one day. No previous signals, no weird accidents, nothing. It was just as if my mind had reached a point of maximum saturation, and then it exploded."

Vision remained silent for a moment, before talking again. "One of the Stones can control time, but you don't seem to hold it. You just... you had it in you, since you were born." Vision nodded to himself, probably finding something that confirmed his hypothesis.

"The Stones?" Peter asked, tilting his head to the side to look at him behind June's head.

"Infinity Stones. Powerful gems that make whoever holds all six of them omnipotent and omniscient. I hold the Mind Stone," he said, pointing to a yellow shining gem resting in the centre of his forehead. June observed it for a moment, but nothing snapped in her.

"One of the Stones has the power of controlling time, past and future, to slow it down, accelerate it or even stop it. But, as I said before, you have nothing to do with the Stones."

"Thank God," June couldn't help but say, gaining a frown from Vision and a chuckle from Peter. She meant it, though. Her life was already quite messed up as it was, she didn't need to be compared to Stones that probably were the object of some evil person's desires.

Vision seemed to ignore her statement, probably not even understanding something like sarcasm. "You're handling your powers very well, I must admit. They're really strong and might overcome you, but they haven't already, which is impressive."

June raised her eyebrows but smiled nonetheless. That android was extremely straight forward and probably had no idea what tact was, but what he had said wasn't news to her. She knew she wasn't controlling her power entirely, and that one day or another it could get too strong and she wouldn't be able to control it in any way. But she didn't worry about it, because she had no idea of what would happen if her powers slipped out of her control.

"Thanks," she muttered.

"I can help you, once this is over. I can teach you how to control it, how to avoid being overpowered by it."

June was taken by surprise and held a breath as Peter almost chocked on his own spit. He had listened to their whole conversation intently, but would have never expected Vision to say something like this, and so didn't June.

The thought of being able to fully control her powers was highly tempting, but June was still in denial since she was thirteen. Going on missions with Peter was one thing, it seemed like a game, but helping Tony Stark had put her situation into a complete different perspective, way more scary and real than the previous one. Accepting to be trained by an android would have meant way too much for her, and she knew she wasn't ready for such a step.

"Thank you, but I have to refuse for now," she politely replied, searching for some kind of reaction in those icy eyes. They flickered for a moment, but that was all she could see.

"I understand. If you need any help or suggestion, don't hesitate on calling me."

June nodded and looked as he stood up to walk towards Tony and Natasha. She stared at him for a moment before turning towards Peter and exchanging with him an expression of pure shock.

June is so rude and I LOVE IT

I'm sorry I'm being so late with updates, I have no excuses lol so just forgive me please I'M SORRY

love you all so much,

Elena.