3. a conservative mindset

June's opinion about things was very creative and unstable. She would have opinions about a great variety of things, explaining why she felt in a certain way about a certain argument, but the day after she had already forgotten everything she had said about that argument, about which she would put up a completely different opinion compared to the one she had exposed the day before.

Peter, on the other hand, would stick to his priorities and theories and wouldn't have changed them even if someone was pointing a gun at his head.

And that was probably what had made their friendship work so easily. June basically needed comfort, she needed to have around people who could give her certainties, who worked in a certain way and that would surely never change, and the perfect example was Peter Parker. Once she had grown accustomed to his habits and ideas, she had accepted them and understood them, there was nothing else that mattered to her.

Until, at least, that day.

June was staring with an incredibly observing look Peter and Gwen making out in front of her –session that had started five minutes before- and, while the back of her head was yelling at her to get away before it got too awkward, she was thinking mostly about Peter's words about love, the way he had explained it to her a few months back.

"Love, June, is very annoying. You only have eyes for one person and you feel sick to your stomach the whole time. You don't study, don't eat and don't socialize anymore, considering your thought is only one. That's why, when I'll find a girlfriend, I will never show my affection towards her publicly, because that would be extremely stupid and weak."

June furrowed her eyebrows even more as she stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jacket and walked away from the pair, still thinking about Peter's words. Neither June or Peter had ever had a serious relationship before, so they didn't really know how that whole thing worked. June had always been sure Peter's words should have been put on a stone in front of every important monument of the world, but not for the reason you might think.

Peter was a smartass and, most of all, a liar. His thoughts were always the same, but they never echoed into his actions. And June would have loved to slam every single thing he had said and had not followed in front of his face to make him realize it.

But that was just her jealous self speaking, because the truth was that, like every other human being in the world, Peter tended to say things without giving them importance or out of naivety.

June let out a sigh of frustration as she surfed through the crowd of students walking in the opposite direction, giving her a perfect vision of every single face she was forced to see every day.

She thought that fighting the crime would have made her almost miss school and the students, who could have given her a sense of normality she couldn't experience on her own, but it wasn't like that, at all. The more time she spent in those four walls that seemed on the point of suffocating her when she would least expect it, the more she would have preferred to have her ass kicked by thugs.

June reached her class and didn't even wave at the students already sitting as she made her way to her place, unintentionally hitting a few elbows in the process, since she wasn't really caring where she was moving.

"Ouch, watch were you- oh, hey June."

June turned on her back and her expression relaxed a little when she noticed it was just Simon. She really didn't want to have a fight with anyone, and Simon Fizz seemed to be the last person who would put up a fight with people.

"Simon, hey," she said, waving at him.

"Everything alright?" he asked. June turned defensive, even if he hadn't said anything wrong. It was just a defensive mechanism she would put up when her thoughts were going in the wrong places and she didn't want anyone to know.