2. a day in the life

"You really think I'll tell you where he is?!"

June held back a laugh as she looked at Peter jumping from a feet to another, standing in front of a wall with a man attached on it with his webs. It was probably one of the things June loved the most about her best friend's abilities, but she also really loved the sarcasm he used to ease off the tension they –mainly her- had during their missions.

"No, but maybe I can help you with that. See.. I have this amazing power that makes me teleport things in my hands. It's a very amazing power, you see. For example, I can totally teleport a.." he looked around himself, spotting something that was close to where June was hiding. "a rubbish bin!"

June took Peter's movement of the hand, that he raised at the height of his head, as a clue to take the scene. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath as she felt the power flow through her body and, when she opened her eyes, she stared at the frozen world she had created. The thief had his mouth open, probably on the verge of saying something, while Peter had a smirk on his face. She noticed the red light of an airplane standing meters above them, still as a statue, and the clouds had stopped their slow walk.

She smiled to herself before walking towards the rubbish bin Peter had mentioned and crouched her knees to wrap her arms around the object and slowly lift it. She walked carefully out of the darkness and approached the two immobile figures, the only sound made by her steps. She placed the bin in Peter's hand and his body didn't even move, probably thanks to his enhanced strength. She took some dust off his shoulders and patted his head before starting to feel the tiredness of her powers draining all her strength and she quickly returned to the dark alley she had been hiding in, pressing her shoulders against the wall as she made the world turn to life.

She heard the loud gasp of the thief and Peter's yell of excitement and, after that, the loud thud of the rubbish bin colliding on the wall, June hoped not on the face of the thief. She closed her eyes for a moment, recollecting her breaths as bickering kept going on. As she pushed herself off the wall, she noticed the alley on her right getting darker and darker as if someone was standing in front of the small light of the lampposts. She snatched her head towards that direction and her heart froze for a moment at the sight of an entire group of people who had somehow silently reached her and pointed their guns at her without her even realizing it.

She gasped as every single one of them turned on the guns and shoot at her but, before she even wrapped her head around it, she had already frozen time and the bullets stopped, inches from her face. Her hands slowly moved as she felt scared of even breathing, terrified by the idea of the bullets transfixing her even if she was completely sure her powers would never fail her.

She slowly made a step back and, after doing it six times more, she reached the end of the alley and turned towards Peter, who was standing now closer to the thief with his arms crossed on his chest.

"Punk," she snorted as she searched for something to carry him easily out of that situation, since he was too heavy for her to carry him on her own –she could have been able to stop time, but she definitely hadn't gained super strength, on the contrary, the chance of running away from every situation without anyone noticing made it easier for her to avoid every kind of training Peter tried to put her through.

She spotted a shopping cart abandoned next to a pile of rubbish and immediately grabbed it, pushing it towards Peter and unceremoniously passing over him with it, his body heavily falling on the cart as his head hit June's hand.

"Aaand.. off we go!" she exclaimed, pushing the cart and hopping on its back, going as far away from the alley as possible. She ran for almost three kilometers before the tiredness started to kick in again and her breathing became uneven. Her legs started to give in and her head to hurt and she barely managed to hide Peter from the lights before she fell down on the concrete road and time started again around her.