6. superhero signal

June wouldn't necessarily say that things were normal in her life, mainly after the late news about people finding out about her superhero alias as well, but she had somehow found some kind of normality in her odd routine consisting of going to school, study, have dinner and dress up as Clessidra to kick some ass –mainly Peter's job, though.

That was why, when things turned towards a highly unexpected path, she realized that there was no way she could ever find normality in what she did. It was a 'job' that brought her to change plans, ideas and missions almost every single day. She had even accepted the fact that now, when she would roam the streets of Queens with Peter, people would recognize her as well.

But things were supposed to change from the start, and she had been a fool to think that her life was always going to be like that.

She was watching TV in her room, after dinner, when her father opened the door, a confused smile on his face.

"Peter's he-" before he could even finish his sentence, Peter barged in the room, almost tripping on June's shoes, and landed on her bed, immediately standing up and trying to find his balance.

"Hello," he chuckled, unable to stand still as he moved from a feet to another, frantically looking between her and her father.

"I'll, um- I'll leave you two to talk about... anything," Bruce, June's father, said, closing the door. He was way more understanding and less inquisitive than Heather, and June loved him greatly for it.

"You have no idea what happened!" Peter almost yelled. June signaled him to lower his voice as she turned off the TV to give him all her attention. She was still slightly pissed by his behavior from the day before, but something told her he didn't even remember it.

There was a moment of silence, in which Peter waited for June to say something and she thought of what could have possibly happened for him to be like that.

"What happened?" she asked in the end, having no idea of what his answer could be.

"You're never going to believe this. Tony freaking Stark just came at my house this afternoon!" he squealed as if the man was in front of him in that moment, and as much as June would have liked to act stoic and indifferent, she couldn't help but squeal as well.

"THE Tony Stark?" she almost yelled as well, reminding herself of her father being in the other room.

"Yes!" Peter walked closer to June, his eyes shining with a light she had rarely seen in him, except for when he had gained his powers.

"And what in the world would Tony Stark want from you?"

"Isn't it obvious? He freaking recruited me!"

June's expression of excitement immediately faltered. Her eyebrows furrowed and she lowered her hands, that fell limp on her sides.

"Recruited? What does it mean?"

"He said that he is in some kind of trouble with the rest of the Avengers, and that he needs as many people helping him as possible. He asked about you as well, but I said that I didn't know if you were interested because I wanted to know your opinion before."

"Wait, wait, wait," June placed her hands in front of him, Peter immediately shutting up. "He asked you to fight against the Avengers? Seriously? After we've –I, actually- been beaten up by some thugs? What the hell?!"

Peter sighed and his expression, just like June's, faltered. "I know, it's kind of crazy, but that's exactly what we need, June! Don't you understand? These are real life superheroes! If they think we can get something good out of our powers, how in the hell are we still doubting ourselves? We can use our full potential, we might even defy some of them! We're fighting against Steve Rogers, for crying out loud!"