Chapter 13 : Mikasa's Birthday

Eren and Armin was walking together to the cafeteria since it was lunch. "So, Eren did you buy a present for Mikasa?" Armin asked. 

"Present? Why?" 

Armin widened his eyes and stopped walking.

Eren noticed and stopped and turned. "What?"

Armin placed his hands on Eren's shoulder and looked at him in the eyes. "You forgot Mikasa's birthday?!" The blonde-haired boy asked frantically. "Mikasa's...birthday? When is it?" Armin's jaw dropped. "You don't even know when her birthday is either?! You two are dating and have been good friends since you two were nine! How can you not remember when her birthday is?!" He asked.

Armin started shaking Eren saying, "Hoooww commeee youuuu dooonnn'tttt knooowww whennnn herrrrr birthdayyyyy issss???!!"

Eren's eyes then started going around.

"Heyyyy! S-s-s-t-t-o-o-p-!-!" Eren told.

Armin stopped and sighed.

"I really just can't believe you Eren.." 

"Wow, didn't know it'll affect you that much. Anyways, can't you just tell me when's her birthday?" Eren asked. 

Armin blinked and opened his mouth...

"On February 10th. One day before her birthday now!" He replied. Eren blinked and froze. 
'Her birthday...was THAT CLOSE?' He thought. Eren snapped back into reality and held Armin by the shoulders. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?! I'm gonna be humiliated! Mikasa might not even talk to me anymore! My life will be ruined! D;" He asked frantically.

"I-I thought you knew! Anyway, it's not the end of the world you know. Mikasa probably wouldn't even survive not being able to talk to you for a long time." Armin replied.

Eren groaned.

'Mikasa is gonna be so disappointed at me...'

"Hey! You know what? After school i'm gonna buy Mi-"

"Hey guys." A female called out making Eren jump and turn.

"H-Hey Mikasa..." Eren greeted nervously. "You guys are going to the cafeteria right?" Mikasa asked. "U-Uh, yeah..are you as well?" Armin asked. Mikasa shook her head. "No, i'm going to the main office to pick up some copies for my next class since my next teacher asked me to. What were you guys talking about?" She asked.

"U-Um...food..." Eren replied.

"Food? You're not becoming like Sasha right?" Mikasa asked. "Of course not! Does it really sound like Sasha?" Eren asked. Mikasa nodded. "Yeah. Oh! I forgot to tell you. This morning I got a mail sent to me. Guess who it is?"

"Uh..?" Eren replied.

Mikasa pulled out an envelope with a heart stamped on it and showed it to her two best friends. 

"Jean! He told me happy birthday, i'm so surprised he actually remembered. He's so sweet isn't he? ^^ He even sent me a flower that I really liked." Mikasa told smiling and blushing. 

Eren blinked as he stared at the envelope and the flower as his blood started boiling in rage. Possibly also jealousy.

Armin looked at it and smiled. "Wow, that really is sweet. No wonder you and Jean make-Ow!" Eren slapped the back of Armin's head.