Chapter 7 : New Feelings

Mikasa woke up with red circles around her eyes.

Yes, she has been crying last night ever since her first breakup with Jean. And this is very rare to see, seeing Mikasa cry...

(well except on that episode in aot)

Eren noticed her crying but decided to leave her be. Even though he really wanted to comfort her.

Mikasa sat up and sighed heavily. She got out of bed and rubbed her eyes as she walked down the hall. Once she was by Eren's room, she decided to check on him. Mikasa opened the door and saw Eren on the floor.

She chuckled and quietly picked him up and placed him on his bed and pulled the covers on him. Mikasa looked at Eren and smiled. "Don't go falling off the bed..." She said still smiling as she left the room.

Eren opened one eye and looked around. When he noticed she was gone, he wrapped himself and said, "Mikasa..."

He stood up and opened the door and walked down the stairs. He saw Mikasa eating bread and sitting down on a chair. "Mikasa?" Mikasa looked up. "Oh, morning Eren." She greeted a bit hoarsely. 

"Are you okay?" Eren asked. 

Mikasa placed on her smile and replied, "I'm fine. But i'm just gonna stay home for today. I don't feel like coming to school..." Eren nodded.

"Should I stay home too?" He asked.

Mikasa shook her head.

"No, you have to go to school. I'll be fine alone." She replied.

Eren thought for a moment.

"No, i'm staying home. I just want to make sure you're okay." He said. Mikasa stood up. "Eren, you have to-"

"Please Mikasa! You have been protecting me for years...now it's my turn to do the same thing to you." Eren begged. Mikasa stared at Eren, she saw care in his eyes. Mikasa sighed.

"Okay then.." 

Mikasa handed him bread. 

Eren took the offer and sat down in front of her, his cheeks started to heat up.  There was a moment of silence between the two until Eren spoke, "I um, heard you cry last night..."

"You did?" Mikasa asked.

Eren nodded in response. "I'm sorry if I bothered you. This was my first love in life and now he's gone..." Mikasa sighed. Eren shook his head. "No, I completely understand you. I hate Jean but I supported you two all the way. But dating for a few days? I think Jean isn't the one for you.." He said.

"Then who is?"

Eren stared at her.

'This could be the chance to confess my love for her...' He thought as he opened his mouth.

"I-I..."

His heart started pounding rapidly.

He can't.

He can't confess yet.

"I...don't know. But I know you will meet the person you will truly love one day."

"One day.." Mikasa repeated.

"One day.." Eren whispered to himself. "What'd you say?" Mika asked. "Oh, nothing. Are you feeling better now?" Eren asked. "Just a bit." Mikasa replied.