8: O

Percy woke up groggily to the sound of tapping. His eyes refused to open, but he shook out of his tired state and woke up.

Looking at his surroundings, he found out that he was trapped inside a see-through cube-like cage. I was transferred, he realized. Maybe someone figured out where I was originally? His shoulders slumped in disappointment. Well, it's not going to matter anymore. They lost me.

He sighed. ADHD was getting the best of him. He started to excessively tap on his leg. Sadly, that started to bore him too. Percy decided to just try and figure out how to get of the situation at hand. Even if Zoom caught him a couple of times trying to sneak out (The first time not pretty; he tried to vapor travel out of there and instead he appeared right in front of Zoom. He had a bad beating after that.), he was definitely sure he would escape. Besides, there's no other option than just sitting and waiting like a damsel in distress. That was so not his job.

Percy looked down at his hands. Turns out the things pinning him down were some high-tech shackles that were attached to chains that were tied to the floor. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the water vapor around him. I can do this, the sea prince encouraged himself. I can do this. He exhaled deeply and focused on what he wanted the H2O to do. Alright...Any second now. Come on...

But the trouble was that the water wouldn't come to him. Percy couldn't feel the familiar tug in his gut that signified his control of the element.

Maybe he didn't practice his new power hard enough? That could probably be it. Or maybe it was the thing that bonded his hands together. It could be causing the malfunction of his powers. He could've sworn that Annabeth talked to him about this once. They have gotten to the topic of superpowers when they were taking their long conversations in bed. Also his dad talked about it to him about it once a few months ago.

After the Giant War, his dad visited Percy while Percy was strolling across the shoreline, trying to process all the demigods they lost in the battle. He felt the familiar aura of godliness and the power of the ocean appeared near him and he smiled. Percy turned around and saw his father standing there; his eyes still had the sea-green glow. The god still had his Bermuda shorts and the signature Hawaiian shirt. The demigod smiled.

"Hi Dad," he greeted. Now after a few years, it was comfortable to acknowledge that the Greek god of the seas was his father. It became normal to treat him as a parent than rather an all-powerful being that could kill you in a snap (which Poseidon was, obviously. But that wasn't the point).

"Hello Percy," he replied back. A faint smile was on his face then replaced with a grim expression. "Listen, son. We need to talk."

The god then asked Percy to walk with him and they discussed about many things: the war, Tartarus, then finally, his powers. "You are at the coming of age where you are given more abilities than you bargained for, Percy. You won't have powers as powerful as Triton's, but it would be powerful enough to disrupt the water flow of the world."

"Wait...hold on." Percy made a time-out sign with his hands. "Powers? More of them? So basically my abilities will multiply and my powers I have now will become--"

"--Stronger? Yes," Poseidon interrupted. It seemed that he tightened his grip onto his trident. "But it will become unstable for the first few weeks."

Percy gulped. "A few weeks?"

"A few weeks," his father repeated. "That's one of the reasons I came to you." He sighed. "I know you and the daughter of Athena--"

"Annabeth," his son reminded.

"--are going to set up for the rest of your senior year. However, your powers could be activated in any moment and maybe depending on what your emotion is then, you could start a hurricane that wipes out your entire high school or a tsunami that wastes out the whole of New York."