6

"You have got to be kidding me. Again?!" Annabeth screeched through her gritted teeth. "That Seaweed Brain! Gods be with him if he's not okay. Gods still be with him if he isn't."

The 17-year-old was pacing around the living room of the Blofis-Jackson residence. Mixed emotions were stirred in her brain. How does Percy Jackson of all people get kidnapped by a powerful being again? Seriously, he is the son of Poseidon for the Fates' sake. Well, it might be the Fates' fault anyway. It is his destiny.

But exactly why and how did he get kidnapped? Paul was knocked out when her boyfriend was taken and Riptide was left on the first step on the front door. That's what immediately worried her: the magic pen not in Percy's nimble but strong hands. A few times this happened, the recent one being in a war and almost got them killed, which was almost unfortunate. She consulted the gods, but none of them knew what had happened. Some of them, especially Hermes, however, had very worried faces when she brought the topic up. Those concerned faces she realized were not because of Percy. It was because they were afraid that she would find out something that she shouldn't know. Apollo told her specifically not to worry about her boyfriend and let the gods handle it, but she knew better. They weren't going to do anything about it.

So, she decided to rebel much to her mother's dismay. Hey, Athena's smarter than that. She is the goddess of knowledge after all. On Olympus, they had a full-fledged conversation about Annabeth's love life, which made her very uncomfortable.

"Daughter," She called after the gods were dismissed. "I know of what you are doing. It is not wise that you should do this behind the gods' backs."

Annabeth turned around and glared at her mother. Looking back, she knew that it wasn't that smart of her to do that to her parent. But, Percy was a priority. He went to hell and back with her literally. She didn't want to lose him. Never again. "I have to, mother," she snapped and she cringed internally on what she did but the daughter of Athena kept on going. "I love him with all my heart and you should know that." Well, not really, Annabeth thought. She isn't really Aphrodite but she is the goddess of wisdom. She should partially know. Athena sighed and turned to human size. The goddess walked over to her daughter quickly but hastily. "Annabeth, I know you are still upset on what I said to you near that train station and I-I'm sorry— "Her mom was apologizing. Wow.

"—and I wish to make it up to you, but I cannot have favorites for children as you know. As a mother, I was foolish to have yelled at you and ignored you. And by giving you the task to find the Athena Parthenos, I-I might have fulfilled part of the prophecy, but you had to suffer. You fell into the depths of Tartarus and you are now plagued with PTSD...if it wasn't for that Jackson boy, you wouldn't have survived."

Annabeth was in a loss of words. "Mom..."

Athena put her hands on her daughter's shoulders. She looked up at her daughter's eyes. They were stormy gray, just like Athena's. The goddess stared straight into those eyes and said, "Listen carefully, Annabeth. I will help you find Percy, but not too much. It is not my decision to plan this destiny, it is only at the hands of the Fates and the Oracle to say it so. But I will try my best to assist you." Athena straightened. "Your boy—significant other is somewhere in the city where a speedster lives. One of his distant relatives lives there and you will need her help. But I will warn you; she has her own secrets. Learn them but not let her know until the right moment.

"She has a group of friends who work with him. You also need their help. Annabeth, you can tell them that you are a demigod but you cannot tell them everything. Where Camp Half-Blood lies, who you are the daughter of, whose parent is Percy's. There is a traitor in their midst, and you do not want to find out who he is. Do you understand what I need you to do?"

Annabeth was still gaping at her mother's behaver. Athena wasn't usually like this to help her find someone, especially with that someone being a son of Poseidon. But then again, it wasn't like her to yell at her own daughter, but that was when she was conflicted if she was Minerva or not...

"Yes, I do, mother," she answered. "However, I need to know if Sally and Paul-- Percy's mother and step-father—could also join with me. They're the only ones that know this distant relative. They're probably the ones she's the most comfortable with."

"Indeed. You will need their help. Be careful though. Remember, they are ordinary mortals and they will need protection, especially at a city just as this one."

Athena let go of her daughter. "Good luck, Annabeth. And god speed."

Annabeth silently chuckled at the reference and went down the elevator as her mother disappeared in ray of light.

Now the daughter of Athena was thinking about her plan in Percy's living room. She went to his house after the encounter with her mom at Olympus. Sally greeted her at the door. Percy's mom looked like she aged a decade, with her eyes baggier when she last saw her and new gray hairs steaking her hair. Sally invited her in with her same kind hospitality as she always had.

Paul came to welcome her too. Like Sally, he wasn't his typical teacher self. His brown hair was winded up in different angles and his eyes felt sad. The parents both had the same expression when Percy disappeared the first time. Nevertheless, they smiled and welcomed her to their home. Annabeth in exchange told them Athena's information. When she had gotten to the part of Central City, Sally's eyes rimmed with happiness and surprise. She snapped her fingers.

"Caitlyn Snow lives there. She's my niece and Percy's cousin. She also used to work at Star Labs— "

"—the laboratory that created the particle accelerator that exploded and caused the bunch of metahumans roaming around and the place where it was rumored to be the Flash's hideout." Annabeth finished. "' She has a group of friends who work with him.' That means that Caitlyn works with or for the Flash! Thank gods!"

"Caitlyn... working with a superhero," Sally murmured, then she produced a smile. "She always wanted an adventure in life especially because of her mother's lifestyle."

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get ready for a trip!" Paul stood.

Annabeth went over the plan as she paced near the couch. 1) Get tickets for the train to get to Central City, which is only a day away, 2) Arrive at the city, 3) Find Caitlyn, 4) Find out and make sure she works for/with the Flash, 4) Learn about the team, 5) Work together to find Percy. It didn't seem as simple as it sounded.

She looked over to the bags leaning on the pedestal next to the door. "I'm coming for you Percy. Just hang in there."

A/N Sorry for the lack of updates the last 2 weeks. A lot has been going on with my life. I had a slight existential crisis, Voltron season 2 came out and gave me a feels chill, the presidential inauguration (which I am not going to talk about), a bake sale, violin lessons, an art project that's due on the 30th and all on top of that, a massive cold. So yeah. I had a lot on my plate. Also The Flash comes back this week and I am super pumped. Sort of. I'm frustrated on what's happening with Barry's decisions. 

Anyway, make sure to vote and give feedback! Don't forget to put some writing advice, criticism, and all above comments! I would really appreciate it.

Have a nice day!