The Second Coming

"I-er forgot to wash my hands!" Will quickly excused himself and stood up from the table, he headed towards the bathroom, not walking straight at all. His stomach was starting to churn and he felt light-headed, a pillar of anxiety grew stronger in his stomach with each step he took.

He slammed the door shut behind him and locked it, tight.

"In and out, in and out. Just breathe" He kept repeating this to himself as a desperate mantra, but this didn't hold him for long as a violent cough erupted from his chest; then, it shot out and slid down the plug hole.

A black, slime-covered slug.

He regained control of his breathing whilst watching the creature disappear into the black void below, hoping that it would stay there and nothing more would emerge.

He wiped his mouth as quickly as he could, and washed his hands, trying not to overthink what just happened. Surely it was just the repercussions of having that thing down his throat? It should go away eventually, just a matter of time.

At least that's what he thought.

Will slowly tore his gaze away from the sink.

A ringing sensation flooded through his ears and his vision became tainted.

A small gasp escaped his mouth as his eyes trailed around the bathroom walls. Was he back there? What was happening? Vines crawled and cascaded down the walls, intertwining with each other, enveloping the sink, bath and everything else. He could taste the rotting, pungent, damp in the air.

Yet, in a blink of an eye, they were all gone, back to normal. Just a flashback?

Will's churning stomach had disappeared, but his light-headedness had not. It grew and grew until his vision became spotty and a black fog closed around his eyes. And before he knew it he felt his knees buckle and he was crashing down onto the damp, cold bathroom floor.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Will eyes slowly opened; God knows how long later.

He noticed something that wasn't there before, by his head.

When his vision came back into focus he saw what he thought to be a pair of trainers next to him, none that he could recognize, however, not his nor Jonathon's nor his mum's. They were laced in mud and stitching ran along the bottom. The laces were frayed and you could barely notice the shoe's original colour, which, as far as Will could make out, was some shade of white.

Will propped himself up on one elbow, so he could get a better view of who was actually standing over him. At first, he thought it was his mum, who might have heard him fall and came in to check on him. But the more he looked, and the less light-hearted headed he became, he was certain it wasn't her.

Will slowly turned his head up.

Whoever this person was appeared to be wearing some torn and acid-washed dungarees which were paired with a long-sleeved, black top, her nails were painted clear and she was wearing a pendant which on the end hung a black, shimmering crystal.

And at first they just stood there, watching Will, but now they began to kneel down towards him.

Will snapped out of his confusion, "Wait" He shot up, this wasn't who he thought it was. Was it?

"Careful!" You shouted, reaching out to grab Will's skinny arms - as he stood up a bit too quickly.

Will yelped and stepped backwards, he hadn't fully grasped who this person was, and why of all places they were suddenly in his bathroom.