Once I am satisfied with how clean I am I make my way into my room.

Knock knock.

It's been a while since someone has knocked. I wrap the towel firmly around me. I open the door reveling Helen from the front desk.

"Oh hey sorry I wasn't expecting you" I confess.

"Yes. Yes. I understand I just came to drop this off and then I will be out of your way."

"Um...okay" I say taking the paper.

"Have a good day" she rushes off.

Why is she acting like that? Huh? Idk.

I shut the door and glance down at the paper. I begging to glide my eyes across the words that are on the paper in the yet so perfect font.

Hello Miss Hamilton,

Because of your roommate that has decided to move for reasons we are not aware of. You will be assigned a new roommate starting next week. I hope you have a good stay alone for a little while.
Please do not get used to it.

Sincerely,

Dean

My mouth drops. My heart races.

No. No. No. No.

He will be back. He will not be replaced. He will never be replaced. Not in my heart and not in this fracking room.

I throw that dumb paper on my desk. I will deal with that bull crap tomorrow. Because they will for sure NOT happen.

Nice try though.
________________

When I wake up I put my hair into a simple side braid. I just simply want it out of my face. I don't have class for another 2 hours I can do something Entertain, right?

I throw on a pair of black shorts and a crop top on that's says, 'Live life how you want. Just leave me alone'

Kind of sounds of like a shirt that fits me right? I wish I had a shirt that said 'no regrets'

I grab my phone and my bag. When I get to my desk I see that dumb paper again. I mentally and physically groan out loud. I grab it and stuff it in my bag knowing I will deal with it later.

I head out of my room and down the street. I wanted to go to the shack but I don't know. I want to try something new. Maybe something that wasn't going to make me sad all the time.

After 10 mins of me walking I run into this little coffee shop. When I walk in coffee, and the smell of sweets run up my nostrils. I can't help but smile. When I take a seat I see people with aprons walking across the floor.

I feel a vibration go off in my pocket.

Hey. What's up? Wanna hang out before class -Elliot

Um. No sorry I'm currently busy trying to get caught up in class - Rilen

Oh. Which assignments? Maybe I can come by and help you - Elliot

No thanks Elliot. I just want to do this alone -Rilen

Oops. A little lie won't mind right?

"Hello. Welcome to The Friendly Bean" some greets me also interrupting my thoughts.

I glance up to see some dark brown eyes meeting mine. I examine the face to see a very sharp jawline but also some high cheekbones. His hair is super curly, which causes it to hit right above his eyebrows.

"Hello" he waves his hand in front of me.

"Oh sorry" I say.

"It's alright I get it a lot" he smiles.

"Uh um I wasn't-" come on Rilen get your words out, "checking you out" I lie straight through my teeth.

Total lies of the day: 2

"Uh sure you were" he winks.

I open my mouth to say something but decide to not say nothing.

"So what can I get for you beautiful" he says.

I look up at him to catch his eye. He is grinning at me. I bite my cheek inside to try not to blush or anything. "Uh I will take a iced mocha with some whipped cream and a cherry" I say.

He writes it down and heads to the back.

Within 5 mins he comes back and places it down. "Thanks" I say hoping he would walk away.

But he doesn't do what I was hoping he was gonna do. Actually he does the exact opposite. He sits right in front of me.

Gosh what wonderful timing.

*---------------*

-Hope you guys liked it!

-don't forget to vote for it and follow me.

-hit me up on my Instagram: @damainmaddie

-see you all next week with a new chapter...Or not 😂

-MADDDDDIEE OUT 💜🛍