03

"$100 000!" A male vampire, situated in the middle section close to the stage on the first level announced his bid. I got goosebumps when I saw the sinister grin plastered on his face. Other vampires would take their chance to also place their bids on me, but the vampire that bid on me first would always out-bid the others.

I was becoming very nervous and anxious as the bids continue and every time that same vampire would out-bid the other vampires. His creepy grin never leaving his face.

I was becoming very uncomfortable with him giving me that grin and never taking his eyes off me. Not knowing what he will do to me if he wins the bidding battle. He gives off bad vibes and I don't want to be anywhere near him. 'Please don't let this creeper buy me.' I pleaded to nobody in particular.

Even though I'm an assassin, there are still things that I get scared of. Being an assassin doesn't make you lose all your human qualities such as feeling emotions. You just don't make them so obvious, like I'm trying to do right now.

Showing your emotions to others is the biggest mistake a human can make because whether people are humans or vampires, they will take advantage of your vulnerability and weaknesses just to try and break you from the inside.

"$1 million!" The creeper shouted. You could see his excitement and his desire to own me by the way he is acting. He is standing up while every one else is remained seated. He is leaning forward on the chair in front of him, his hands holding the back if the chair in a death grip, his nails digging into the material of the chair where your back leans on.

His sinister grin still there but bigger, you can see the saliva escaping through the corners of his mouth and slowly moving down towards his jaw. A few small splatters flying through the air as he shouts his bids.

There is nobody left to out-bid him. Nobody is willing to spend a little more to save me from him. Everybody has given up. 'Does nobody else have more than a million dollars in their wallets to bid on me?'

"$1 million going once." The auctioneer announced with a small smile. My heart is sinking. 'Does nobody else want to try and get me?'

I spot the camera that's showing the close-up of me, on the edge of the stage. I look straight at the lense so that the audience will be able to clearly see my pleading eyes, begging for somebody to bid and save me from my doom that will come with this maniac.

"$1 million going twice." The auctioneer warns. I drop my gaze to my feet, not wanting the vampires to see me so vulnerable. Not wanting them to see my disappointment and fast forming tears. I am doomed.

Just before the auctioneer can announce the purchase of me to the audience, another vampire makes a bid on me at the last minute.

"$7 million!" The vampire shouts. The audience begins to murmur, surprised that he made a bid at the last minute. His words echoing in my head.

"$7 million!" '$7 million? Did I hear him correctly? Am I really worth that much to him?'

"$7 million going once!" The auctioneer exclaims more happily than he did before. I don't think it's because he's getting more money, but more like he's happy because he knows the vampire that bid on me or is even friends with him. He's probably glad that his friend has taken part in the bidding and will potentially get me.

I look up, searching through the audience for the vampire that has just bid on me. I don't see any indication of him being on the first level, so I look up towards the second level.

There, I see a vampire standing in the front row, leaning on the railing, looking at me with a smirk on his face.

To be completely honest, I feel a lot more comfortable with a vampire giving me a smirk rather than a vampire giving me a creepy, sinister grin. That being said, it doesn't mean that I'm completely happy with the idea of being owned by the smirking vampire or any vampire for that matter, like any normal human being would feel. But I am grateful that I don't have to be owned by the creepy vampire.

We stare at each other until I hear the auctioneer warn the audience, "$7 million going twice!"

I look over to Mr. Creeper and he gives off an aura indicating that he's extremely upset with a hint of shock. He's gritting and grinding his teeth in an effort to keep his anger under control. He needs to practice hiding his emotions before it bites him in the backside one day, but it's none if my business what happens to him. Not like I would care in any case.

I make eye contact with Mr. Creeper. Then I do something I never thought I would ever be able to do in these kinds of  circumstances. I give him a little smirk of my own, letting him know that he lost the battle, and he lost it miserably. 'There's no way that he has more than $7 million to bid on me, even if he did, he would've bid on me again with no hesitation just like he has done earlier. He's too late anyways. There's nothing he can do now.'

Mr. Creeper was about to say somethibg but before he could do or say anything, the auctioneer announced excitedly, "Sold to the man standing in the front row on the second level!"

Shortly after the announcement, two muscular guards dressed in all black and wearing sunglasses, much like the man that brought me to the stage was wearing, walked towards me and stood on either side of me, to guide me off the stage.

We go throught the door that I came in from earlier and are once again in the maze of corridors that I still can't tell the difference between.

It's pretty obvious I'm going to meet my new owner now. I don't need anyone to tell me that bit of information, that is if they would even bother to tell me that much.

After a few minutes of walking down the corridors we reach a small staircase. I'm guessing slaves can't use the lifts. The guards lead me down the stairs and into a very large room that looks very grand. Something like the lobby of a 5-star hotel.

(A/N: I was thinking of the lobby looking something like this ^^)

We walk through the large, brightly lit lobby filled with furniture that looks extremely comfortable, towards the entrance doors. But I see a small group of vampire men near the entrance. There's only three of them. All of them have brightly coloured hair which makes them stand out and attract anybody's attention. I notice that one of the men is the man that took me to the stage, so he can't be my owner.

For some reason I'm drawn to one of the vampires with orange hair. 'He's pretty cute.... Snap out of our Y/n! What the hell are you thinking?' I tell myself. I look away from the men, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks, embarrassed by my thoughts.

I look at them again. 'One of the two men must be my owner, but which one is it?' The men are talking amongst themselves but one of them notices my presence and tells his friends that I'm coming, causing the others to look at me.

I stop in front of them and stand there looking at them, not sure what I'm supposed to do or who I'm supposed to talk to.

"Hello, you must be y/n, right?" The vampire with the orange hair asked me.