Bonus Chapter 2.5

Start from the beginning

"Damn you already want to get rid of me," she teases and I roll my eyes at her. "Sorry I'm not entertaining enough for you."

"I never said that you weren't entertaining enough," I scratch the back of my neck. "But I'm sure you probably have better things to be doing than dropping underwear on top of people."

"Then you obviously think too highly of me," she says as she finishes pouring the water from the gallon into the other two buckets. "All I'd be doing if I leave here is watching my nephews wrestle with each other. Which isn't as exciting as it sounds."

"Well I certainly would like to think that a day with me is much better than that."

"I don't know about that-"

Whatever she's about to say is cut short by the sudden boom of thunder. I jump nearly three feet in the air when I hear it as I look around frightfully, thinking
that it's actually a bomb or something. But when the thunder is over all I hear is a very girlish giggle and I look over to see Skylar laughing at me.

"What're you laughing at?" I narrow my eyes at her and she shakes her head before looking up at the sky. I do the same and scrunch up my nose when I feel a raindrop hit my face. "Looks like my tent is going to come in handy after all."

"Guess so," she says walking over towards the tent and looking at me over her shoulder. "You up for cuddling under a tarp and praying that this thing doesn't fall over."

Damn straight I am.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I don't think I've ever had more fun doing anything in my life. Originally I was just going to stay up here for one or two hours. But with Sky it went from two hours to all night. I've never met anyone who's so easy to talk to, let alone someone who could stand to have a conversation with me for as long as we did. But of course, all good things must come to an end.

My good thing came to an end because of my Father.

Skylar and I should've left earlier but the time just started flying without me noticing. I'm assuming that my Dad caught wind of the whole underwear thing, especially considering that the whole campus is full of it, and he came up to the roof to find Skylar and I nestled up under the tarp. To say he was pissed was a complete understatement. He looked like he wanted to naw my ears off. But of course he couldn't very well do that with Sklar standing three feet away.

That's how she and I ended up outside of his office while he and some of his other staff members decide our fate. I don't know why he's so mad about this, it's not like he can't just hire someone to clean up the mess and let us be on our way.

"So maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do," I say and Skylar glares at me. From her slumped body posture I can tell that she's not too happy about where she is right now. "But don't worry, you won't get in trouble. My Dad owns the college, I can pull some strings and make sure you aren't charged with vandalism or anything."

"Well aren't you just superman."

"I prefer batman."

"But what does that make me?"

"Cat woman."

"What if I don't wanna be your cat woman?"

"Then don't be," I chuckle as I shrug at her. "It's 2017, I can't make you do anything."

She laughs too and I look down the hall to see my saving grace. Scott walks down the hall and if there's anyone that's going to stick up for me to Dad then it has to be him. He knows how to manipulate Dad into doing what he wants and there's no way he's going to let Dad punish me.