Chapter Thirty Five

Abby's P.O.V.

So remember a couple of weeks ago when Cole set fire one of the science labs so that we could miss class and go to Palmerston for the day? Yeah, well it looks like it's coming back to bite him in the ass because they apparently figured out that it was him. That's the reason the police and Mr. O'Neil were here because they are currently on a wild goose chase looking for the two twins. I'm still not sure what exactly my parents are doing here because they've been quietly chatting with Anna and Falon since they got here.

"I need to talk to Scott alone," Falon says looking between Scott and I. But this time he isn't smirking, this time he's frowning...almost like he's sad about something.

"If this is more about your stupid wedding then-"

"It's not about that," Falon says and his shoulders slump. "That's what Anna wants to talk about with Abby but I actually need to talk to you about something different."

Scott finally relents and follows his brother outside. He must have noticed that something was wrong with him too.

"So the wedding!" I jump and turn towards my mother who is squealing and clasping her hands together like a twelve year old. I don't think I've ever seen my mother squeal so it appears that she's taking the news better than I thought she would.

"Y-you're okay w-with it?" I ask raising an eyebrow at her. My parents are extremely traditional, I wonder which of my dad's colleages Anna had to sleep with to pull this one off.

Okay, sorry that was a little bitchy. I'm a terrible sister.

"Of course," she says and I look over at my dad but he just shrugs nonchalantly. "Do you know who Falon's parents are Abby? We're talking about Falon Rogers, his parents are the third richest people in the world right now."

"Is t-that what t-this is about?" I ask turning towards Anna who has her head held in her hands. "Y-you're just with h-him for his m-money?"

"No," she quickly says shaking her head and shooting our parents a glare. "That's what they want."

"W-why are you with h-him then?" I ask narrowing my eyes at her. "Are you pre-"

"I love him!" She shouts before I can finish my sentence and she throws an icy glare at me before smiling at my parents brightly.

"Just be happy for your sister Abigail," my mother says. "Honestly I'm sure she's done so much for you since you've left home. Would you even have any of your friends had she not come with you this year?"

"Are y-you implying that Anna is t-the reason I h-have friends now?"

"I'm not saying that," she says shaking her head at me before looking over at my dad for help except he just shrugs his shoulders at her nonchalantly. He's a nonchalant guy. "I'm just saying that at home she helped you with so much-"

"I d-don't need her f-for everything!" I shout at her angrily. "I've b-barely even seen h-her since we got here."

My mother looks like she's about to say something back but just then Scott and Falon walk back into the room. I immediately rush over to Scott because both he an Falon's eyes are red as if they were just crying about something. When I get even closer to them I immediately notice the tear stains on both of their faces and I turn back towards Anna and my parents, pointing towards the door. They get what I'm trying to say and leave the room, Falon follows behind them.