Payback is a Bi***

The crispy air cuts through my face like sharp blades. My hands were freezing and my nose turned blotchy as I struggled to breathe. I dislike snow. People say that snowy days are like a thin blanket of soft snowflakes being draped over your body. But trust me snowflakes don't really happen, and snow is everything but cozy.

I locked the jeep's door and carefully studied my surroundings. Hell. There's a long pathway of doom waiting for me. I tentatively walked up the stairwell, my head already hurting from stress. As I came closer I started to become scared. I pushed the door open.

" Ringgggggg" The goddamn school bell rang across the whole campus. I dragged my body down the hallway towards my locker. I had Algebra and then free period. Which is very annoying since I prefer it later when I am actually tired.

" Hey, Cora!" Savannah, my very good friend waved at me. " I'll see you at lunch"

" Sure thing"

I tucked my book inside my backpack sending a quick smile her way. I walked into the classroom and took my usual seat next to the bookshelf. The room started to fill in. Birch Shaw was talking with the teacher. His shoulders were hunched over like in a sign of defeat. He was quiet and shy.
suddenly a huge herd of idiots rushed passed him, pushing him out of the way. The worst part is that they didn't even notice him standing there. No excuse me, no move, nothing. Reed and Becker were leading the pack. Those two were balls and penis. There was no way you could separate them.

Behind them, Birch and his friend Lea quickly glanced at them and then shuffled quickly to the back of the room. Lea rolled her blue eyes at the immature boys. And then Nora and Ilksea walked in. There was no particular sign of supremacy but by the way they both walked confidently across the room, it was perfectly clear that they knew that everyone respected them.

------------------------------------------------------

When I arrived home the house was empty. My mom was probably out doing the groceries. I kicked my backpack and walked towards my heaven (aka my kitchen). The sound of oil burning and the sizzling of a hot pot made it clear that someone was inside the house.

Agatha was cooking something inside the kitchen while listening to the radio. Agatha is my mom's best friend and she is married to my dad's company CEO.

" Hey, Agatha. What are you making." I peeked from the side of her shoulder.

" Oh hey, Cor. I am taking some cooking classes" she was following some instructions from a "Cooking for idiots" book.

" How is that turning out for you?" I smile at her attempt at cooking.

" Well, you tell me when you try it." she served two plates and we sat on the terrace next to the oak tree that leads up to my balcony.

We ate in silence. I suddenly felt really cold, regretting the idea of eating outside mid-February. Agatha gently wiped her mouth and folded her hands on her lap shifting her body towards me. A mischevious look crossed her face.

" How is everything at school," she asked calmly.

" Good. You know, the usual." I shrugged.

" You know, when I was in my last year of high school I had a classmate named Sloane. She was the biggest Jerk in town. But for some reason, nobody cares about that and she still got all the attention. The good kind. Until this one time, her boyfriend caught her cheating on him. And they boy she was cheating with realized she was cheating on him with someone else. All of these thanks to one anonymous text. After that day she became such a prude. The next year she got admitted into an all-girls Catholic school in North Dakota."

I stared at her. What is she talking about? Did she suddenly get melancholic or something. She took the hint.

" What I am trying to say is that you should get back at those who most deserve it."

" You are asking me to be the devil's messenger or what?"

She sighed looking at me as if I was stupid.

"I say you give them a taste of their own medicine, then they tell everyone you poisoned them."

She smiled at me and I smiled back. She was right, these spoiled kids need a lesson. They have to learn when the joke has gone too far. And they will have no idea of what is coming.