d a y s e v e n

"You're not going to object?"

"Is there any need to?"

"Yes! There is! After all, I..... I..."

"I already told you I understood didn't I?"

~~

"Wh-What?!" I raised my voice as Akashi turned to me. "I never needed a tutor and when you get me one it has to be him? I didn't agree to any--"

"[First Name]-chan! We have a guest. Please do be a little more polite!" Mom sternly scolded me. I bit my tongue to refrain myself from saying anything further that I would regret, and went over to the sofa to sit down with a huff.

"We appreciate you being here, Akashi-san, don't we, [First Name]-chan?" I heard Mom say. Not looking at them, I gave a small nod. Supposedly satisfied with that, Mom began to tell him details about some things, but that soon faded away into the hum of background noise. I stood up, grabbed my bag, and headed up the stairs to my room, refusing to look at Mom and Akashi conversing in the main foyer. If I'm going to get tutored, then the best--or only--thing to do would be to get ready.

It wasn't long after I had gotten all my folders and binders out when I heard the sound of footsteps getting nearer and nearer. The door to my room opened, and I was faced with Akashi's imposing form. "Now, [Last Name], shall we begin?"

"No honorifics? You must be getting cocky already," I retorted.

Screw my temper.

"Ah, but do I really need to give naïve little girls respect they don't deserve?"

I bit my lip, having nothing to say to that because he hit the bullseye. He smirked at my reaction and cut straight to the chase. "What subjects do you have assignments in right now? We'll start with those."

I thought for a moment, "I have a history paper due the day after tomorrow."

"The one on important historical figures."

"Yes. That one."

We decided to start on that. And after almost two and a half hours of rewriting and revising, I finally completed a well-written paper.

When Akashi had left, I flopped onto my bed and pulled out my phone. I had been wanting to check it when it suddenly chimed in the middle of the tutoring session. It wasn't like Akashi was going to allow me to, though. I checked my notifications, and sure enough, I got one message.

From: [Full Name]
To: Me

If you fall, get up. Don't give up on something that means so much to you.

Are you really me?

No reply.

It wasn't anything unexpected at this point. Though, I'm sure that it's not actually me that's sending these messages. Since I really don't have that much to do tomorrow, maybe I could make it a "me" day.

The door suddenly opened, and Mom walked in. "How did the session go? Did you like it?"

Ah, here we go. Time to get interrogated again. "It went okay, but you gave me no warning that I was going to get a tutor," I replied.

"If I told you, you would definitely object."

That..... is not wrong.

"Well, dinner is ready soon, so come down."

"Okay."

~~

This was a shorter chapter.

I apologize.