Chapter One

Chapter 1

            A perfectly, harmless girl, that’s what I am. I’m the average teenager, filled with hormones, lies, secrets, and a bunch of homework. People say I’m smart, but what they don’t know is that I hate it. I hide it, even sometimes lying about my grades. It’s not like someone would beat me up because I got a better grade, but I know what they would be thinking because it goes through my mind every time I know someone’s smarter than me. Disgust, the feeling of wanting to better myself, but not in the proper way, is what always happens to me. The feeling of putting someone down in your mind because they are better than you, it’s what everyone does. When someone takes the guy you like, you hate her. When someone gets the job you wanted, you hate them. It’s human nature, it’s how we work. So, I keep everything a secret, always have.

            Have you ever realized that nothing is as it seems? Want to know something? At least 50% of the things you think are the realest in your life are fake, including me. And guess what, look in a mirror, that right there is a reflection of 100% fakeness. You have to realize that before you understand anything, that you can’t blame people for what they are because you are it too. It takes one to know one.

            My school consists of many stereotypes. Not the cliques you see in T.V., oh no, one’s more realistic. The anime freaks, the nerdy band members, the easys, the sports jocks, the druggies, the misfits, the wannabes, the people who think they’re all that, and many more. I love when new people come and seeing what happens. In the beginning, they always go to the easys. Why, you may ask. Probably because the easys are one of the most, I wouldn’t say out there, but compelling group. They make you feel wanted, into it. Until, well, you tell them a secret. Just one person and it spreads like wild fire. Everyone knows now. You have no more friends. You know where the new kid goes next, to where ever they actually belong. Or not, does anyone belong?

            What does that mean? Does anyone belong? Obviously someone has to belong, that’s why we have friends. Right? Wrong. In the face danger, what would your “friends” do to save you? You think at this teenage age they would really give up their life, especially if you have turned on them at least once, for you. Think about how guilty you would feel if they died because they saved you. Would you really want to live?

            Don’t answer that, it’s ridiculous to think about death at this age. We’re supposed to live, like it’s the end of the world tomorrow. But we can’t because we’re too caught up in our own lives to notice anything. Like when you say something about someone behind their back. Don’t think it’s going to actually stay secret. It goes all around; all the way back to that someone. Now it all depends on who the person is on how they react. Anger, maybe, at you or sad. Anyway, it’s going to affect that person. Make them think less of themselves; make them notice more negative things about themselves. That’s how we work. Even when we get compliments, our way to equal it out in our minds is to put ourselves down. You’re so pretty. Oh, no I’m not, I have a huge zit right here on my forehead. Do you think they really care? They just wanted to give you a compliment. Maybe even, put a smile on your face.