Chapter Nineteen

"Kiss me good bye." Logan hooked a finger into the belt loop of my jeans, tugging me to him.

We stood next to the van. No one had gotten in yet. Instead, they hung around me like a bunch of angry chaperones. After Logan's declaration of his intentions, my pack had grown silent. No one challenged him. Jonathan even stopped arguing with him over me. He'd just silently stood up and walked outside.

I wrapped my arms around Logan, tangling my fingers into his hair. He grinned and crushed his lips to mine. I barely noticed when he picked me up to lay me down on the hood. His hands slid around my waist, as he started to undo my jeans.

Someone growled.

Actually, my brain registered a chorus of growling. My eyes snapped open and I realized Logan had pinned me down on the hood of the van. His strong body loomed over me, his hands trying to pull off my pants.

I gasped as reality hit me. My pack stood around us. Rumbles and snarls coming out of them. Logan looked down at me and winked. My mouth popped open and I motioned for him to move. He did, reluctantly, and not before making sure everyone caught sight of him doing up my pants.

I swatted his hand away. "You're an animal," I scolded and climbed off the van.

He shot me a lopsided smirk. "Just making sure everyone knows."

"As if the bite mark and threats weren't proof enough." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going miss you, doll." His smirk turned into a big toothy grin as he completely ignored my annoyance. "You got your phone?"

"I'm never going to use it."

"Just as long as you figure out how to answer it, I'm good with that." His smile never wavered.

"Good bye, Logan." I stayed where I was, not making any move to actually climb into the van.

"Good bye, doll," he whispered, his eyes holding mine.

My insides twisted, as the feeling of loss from earlier resurfaced. I barely even knew him, but I was going to miss him. I didn't want to start crying or begging him to come with me, so I gave him a curt nod before turning away and climbing in the van.

Dean pulled me down onto the seat beside him and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, tugging me against his side. Logan's jaw clenched and he released a low warning rumble. Dean gave him a cocky grin and the finger, just as Jace slammed the van door closed.

I watched Logan through the window. I wasn't sure if he could see me with the tint, but his eyes never wavered from mine.

As Jace started to pull the van down the gravel driveway, Logan mouthed, "call me." Before we rounded a corner and he disappeared from my sight.

A tear slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I would not cry over Logan. I didn't understand how I felt about him, heck, I didn't understand how I felt in general, but crying about it I would not do.

I stared out the window at the passing trees as we drove out of Logan's property in silence. Once we'd pulled onto the highway, I braced myself for Jonathan's verbal beat down about my disobedience, but it never came.

"How did you find me?" I asked no one in particular.

"Scout called us," Dean answered. "He told us the story of how those guys cornered you in the truck stop. I told him to head back to the restaurant and ask if anyone knew who the guys were that took you."

I turned around in my seat to face Scout. "Did someone remember them?"

"Yup." He smiled triumphantly. "The gas station kid said they come into the truck stop at least once a week. He told me that they'd given him a card once for their bar. I asked where it was and he gave me directions."