Chapter Thirteen

I woke up to the soothing sounds of nature.

Sunlight blazed in through the open bay windows carrying a light breeze along with the singsong of happy birds. I stayed tucked deep in my white haven hoping the birds would croon me back to sleep.

My brain started to wander though. I thought about how I'd lived and grown up in the same house in Pennsylvania my entire life. Now, every other day I woke up in a different bed, in some strange place. So far, this bed ranked as my favorite. The blankets were soft like feathers and smelled like the wind. The canopy reminded me of big fluffy clouds on a bright sunny day.

I lay there a few more minutes listening for signs Logan had already gotten up, but the sound of my stomach grumbling overtook my ability to hear. Taking that as my cue, I left my cozy sanctuary behind and headed into the attached bathroom to shower. The bathroom was light and airy, decorated in white tiles and marble counters.

I opened one of the drawers and found a toothbrush still in its wrapper, along with a tube of unopened toothpaste. Perfect. After brushing my teeth, I turned on the shower. Stripping off my t-shirt and underwear, I stepped into the warm water. The shower already had bottles of unscented shampoo, conditioner and body-wash neatly stacked on the built in tile shelf. I scrubbed myself clean and washed my hair, before drying off with one of the big comfy hotel style towels hanging on the rack. I wrapped it around myself and headed into the walk in closet.

Unfortunately, unlike the bathroom, the shelves and hangers were empty. I couldn't even find a spare t-shirt. I really dreaded putting my own clothes back on, but unless I wanted to cruise around Logan's house wearing only a towel, I had no choice.

After dressing, I pulled open the French doors and found a pile of clothes neatly folded on the floor. Picking them up, I gave in to the urge, and smelled them. Logan's scent hung to them like strong cologne and I couldn't help but take another deep inhale as I headed back into the bedroom. After plopping the pile of clothes on the bed, I sorted through them. I pulled out a pair of men's black boxer briefs, a black t-shirt, a red sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

I happily stripped my stinky clothes off to put on Logan's underwear. My cheeks heated at the intimacy of wearing them, but they were surprisingly comfortable. It was insane how women wore unflattering, and uncomfortable panties all the time, while men wore fitted cotton underwear. The fact women walked around with a piece of thread stuck up their butt causing a permanent wedgie all in the name of sex appeal, or fashion, blew my mind. I couldn't believe I'd never tried men's undies sooner.

The black t-shirt I grabbed was huge, but I slipped it on anyway, tying a knot at the bottom and exposing a little of my stomach. I shook out the sweatpants and put them on. The waist hung too big, but they had a drawstring that I pulled tight and knotted. I also folded the waistband over a few times so that they sat low on my hips. I looked like a mess, but I was clean and comfy and couldn't bother caring.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled open the fridge's double doors, wondering what exactly a werewolf needed with such a large fridge. To my surprise, it had food. As I looked at all the different types of fruits, vegetables, cheeses and meats, my stomach's grumbling grew.

I grabbed eggs, milk, bacon and some assorted fruit placing it all on the counter. Inside the pantry, I found more food. Taking out flour and sugar, I decided I'd make pancakes, eggs, and bacon with a side of fruit.

I wasn't sure if Logan ate regular food or not, but I ended up making more, just in case. I didn't want to be a rude guest and not cook him food. I figured if he didn't eat it, then I would later for dinner. Despite the name, breakfast foods really were an anytime kind of meal.