She's Awake

(See media for Queen Raven's photo)

Someone's POV

She's finally awake.
For a very long time...
Our queen finally awakens.

"Nous saluons le retour (welcome back) your Highness" I bowed my head in greeting as I spoke to her.

She just stood there motionless before approaching me.

"How long have I been asleep?" She posed the query with complete authority.

"Environ une centaine d'années (roughly 100 years) your Highness " I responded.

Her lips were pursed into a tiny grin. I was so even more impressed when I saw her.

She truly is a goddess.

Her angelic beauty is undeniable, regardless of whether or not she is a vampire.

And since she has not aged at all, you wouldn't really anticipate that she is older than I am.

She abruptly cleared her throat.

Again, she questioned, "And who are you?"

"I am Anton Vann Meyer III, the great grandson of Old Meyer, who used to serve you, my queen."

Raven's POV

So I've been sleeping for nearly a century?
Not bad considering I had ample rest.
I felt more alive and powerful now.

I looked at my reflection in a mirror designed just for vampires.

When I discovered I still looked the same, I grinned slightly.

Absolutely nothing has changed. I didn't even age.

I was fifteen back then when I planned to end my life, but unfortunately, it seems that I failed..

I'm not sure why I'm still alive, but perhaps this is a second chance for me to start over and get past all that went wrong in the past.

I should take advantage of this opportunity to begin a new life—the normal life I've always desired.

The fact that no one knows I'm still alive may have led them to believe their queen has passed away.

For me, this is freedom. I'm finally free to live my life as I like.

Without anybody to threaten me or be afraid of me.

I'll stop reigning as the evil vampire queen.

...

Enjoy Reading!

-siSame

(Edited)