Chapter 12

Kiara's P.O.V
I let out a deep breath and tried again to focus as I closed my eyes to concentrate on my surroundings, the trees, the lake, the animals and the birds I could feel them around me, the sounds of running, their breathing. Suddenly I heard a voice and my fear overcome my powers making me lose concentration.

"Kiara don't let your fear overcome you, if you hear something concentrate and let your mind sees it, keep calm and let your power flow through you," Gwen says with a quiet tone, we have been training for a week and till now, I only managed to figure out the who is the pack member and who's the rogue in human form since in wolf form we can tell by their eyes and in human form, I can tell that by their body aura since I can't smell their rotten smells.

"I'm sorry I'm just tired" she smiles and walks towards me with a bottle of water and motions me to drink it.
I sigh in relief when the water flows down my dry throat, "let's call off for the day, why don't you check up on your patients, I know it helps you relax doing your work and maybe we can start trying your healing power's" she states "yeah that will be good" I nod in response as we both walk towards the clinic.

"Momma" I hear Logan's cry making me run towards the way his cries are coming from, as I reach the back yard I rush to Logan who is crying holding his knees "baby, what happened?" I pull him to my chest and examine his knee, "rogues" Gwen curses when she felt the dark aura in the air, soon we heard growls as Alex and Kaden along with some warriors run towards us.

"momma it hurts" Logan cries louder, I ignore that he called me Mom and pulled him into my arms and walk to the Clinic
I'm taking Logan to the clinic, you handle the rogues who hurt him "
I shout through my link sending a nod to Kaden's wolf as he sprints into the Woods following the rogue's scents.

"here baby boy, let's get you cleaned, okay!" I gently place him on the bed and start cleaning his wound "the bad man said he will take you away from me, don't leave me momma" he jumps into my arms and hold me tightly as if I'll leave him. "I'm not going anywhere sweetie, I'll always be with you" I assure him "pinky promise?" he holds out his tiny fingers "pinky promise" I wrap my fingers with his, he beams and hugs me "I love you momma" my heart melts every time he calls me momma, and I don't feel like correcting him, it feels like he's mine and as if Lily has given me her son to protect, I kiss his head and rock him slightly as he slowly falls asleep in my arms.

I hear someone crying and look up to see Kaden's parents watching us with watery eye's "hey" I smile at them as Kaden's mom runs to me and hugs me slowly without waking her grandson "thank you" she whispers, I smile at her and nod "I know I'm not his mother, but I feel I've deep connection with him and even if he's not mine, I care for him and love him as my own child" I say as I brush his soft hair from his forehead "of course there's a connection" Gwen walks inside with Kaden behind her. He plants and kiss on Logan's head and pecks my lips before wrapping his hands around my shoulders.

"what do you mean?" Cameron asks as he rubs his mate's back to calm her down "Lily was supposed to be your Protector, but due to her death, her connection with you has passed down to Logan" I frown at her words "he's just a baby" she nods "yes and now he will be the protector of your child in future, your destiny may stop the upcoming war but there is a bigger war coming, I can see it, you still need to protect everyone but at that time your child will be the one who will end the war, you're needed to maintain peace in this world but your child will end the evil" I smile and nod while glancing at the boy in my arms "I want to adopt him, he will not only be the protector but also a big brother for our child, he will be my first child, my boy " I glance at Kaden who's eye's held many emotions, but I mostly see pride and love for us, he nods and kisses my head.

Suddenly I feel someone's hands over Logan, I gasp as I see a faded white shadow of Lily, she smiles at her son and kisses his head and mummers how much she loves him. She looks at me and smiles "thank you, Kiara, take care of him and my family" I nod my head not sure of any words to say. I watch her as she walks around the room kissing her parents and hugging her brother.
They all look at me in confusion as I tear up watching her telling how much she loves them and misses them, Gwen gives me a knowing smile making me sigh in relief that I'm not dreaming about this. With a last smile, Lily fades away, "what happened?" Kaden asks in confusion and Gwen explains what I saw "she's happy" Julia whispers and softly cries in her mate's arms as he walks her outside.
"she doesn't blame you Kaden" I wrap my arms around Kaden, Gwen nods at me and walks out giving us some privacy "I know, thank you for coming into my life Kiara" he leans down to kiss me, I smile and close my eyes as our lips brush leading to a passionate kiss, our moment is broke when we hear our new son groan "Ewww" we pull away and laugh at his face which he covers with his tiny hands.