Collection of One Shot's

Start from the beginning

I knew watching him dance there that I was crazy for him, I needed him to touch me and I was convinced that it would tell him how much it was true. I have literally never wanted anyone like I want him right now and I am trying to build up the courage to approach him but I don’t want the rejection in front of all of these people. I want to kiss him, I want him to feel that I am brand new and I am not like anyone else that has approached him tonight. If he kisses me he will feel everything I feel and he will realise that I am crazy for him, really crazy for him.

By definition the word crazy is to be infected with madness or insanity and I was no fool, I hadn’t even met this man, I haven’t spoken a single word to him but I know that I am insanely, madly, crazy for him. Trying very hard to control my increasingly fast heartbeat, I push myself away from the bar and down the rest of my drink.

I can feel my chest and it feels like it’s going to cave in, I am so nervous and I can’t help rubbing my sweaty palms against my skinny jeans. I put my bottle back down and I walked towards him trying not to think too much about what I was doing, I heard the intake of breath from the barman as I walked away but I ignored it. If I listened to him I would bottle it and I needed to at least try this, if I didn’t I would probably regret it he was just too goddamn sexy not to.

As I approached him he stopped dancing and this threw me as he hadn’t done this for anyone else, I looked up and he was looking straight into my eyes. I moved closer and he didn’t brush me off so I took that as I positive sign, I stood so that we were eye to eye and no words were needed right now.

He took my hand and I wrapped my arm around his waist and we began to move slowly, he leaned forward so that his forward was pressed against mine. Every breath that brushed against my cheek had me falling deeper and deeper for him, we swayed from side to side dancing in slow motion. It felt like everything had stopped around us, like time had slowed so much that people were barely moving.

I wanted it to be possible for him to read my mind, I wanted him to see how crazy I was for him and how fast I had fallen. I wanted to know why he stopped what he was doing for me and not the other people that had approached him tonight. I didn’t break the silence though, I just continued to sway with him and he didn’t stop me when I wrapped my arms tightly around him pulling him closer.

When the song had finished I pulled away slightly to look at him and he smiled but still didn’t speak to me, I smiled back at him trying to encourage him. A few minutes later and we had still not exchanged words so I leaned forward slightly stopping halfway for permission, and in answer to my request he met me half way taking my lips in his.

I was so lost in him right now, I couldn’t think about what we were doing, what was going on around us. It was just me and him kissing and it was the best feeling in the world, I pulled away and he smiled again and I returned it. The silence was beginning to become deafening so I decided that I was going to have to make the first move, I wanted to get to know him.

“I am Josh, it’s nice to meet you.” I smiled.

He continued to smile back but his eyes furrowed and it looked like he was concentrating on what I was saying, it was loud in here maybe he hadn’t heard me properly as he spoke no words in return. I was a little perplexed but he was obviously comfortable with me so I wasn’t offended so I just returned his smile hoping he would speak when he was ready. A man walked from behind him and passed us on his way to the bar and Connor jumped slightly as he moved by us. I looked at him confused, that man made no move to touch us so I couldn’t understand why Connor was so jumpy.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

He nod his head in response and I was pleased to get a response even though it was not vocal. I smiled at him and took his hand in mine twirling him around to the music and he chuckled quietly, barely any sound escaping his lips.

“Do you fancy getting out of here and going somewhere a little quieter?” I asked.

He paused for a minute the same look of concentration on his face then he nod his head again and allowed me to lead him by the hand out of the bar and down the street. I led him to a small late night café where I usually stop for pie after a drink, I asked him if he would like me to order and again I received a nod of the head. He moved to a booth and sat down, while I walked to the counter and ordered two cappuccinos and a slice of cherry pie to share.

I walked back over with the tray and placed the drink and pie in front of him and he looked up apparently thrilled with my choices. I grabbed a spoon and I passed it to him so that he could help himself, and I was shocked when he made a spoonful and fed it to me chuckling quietly again. I ate the bite and took a sip of my coffee, then I looked into his beautiful eyes with confusion on my face.

“Your name is Connor right?” I asked and he nodded his head.

“Why me? I mean I watched you and lots of hotter men approached you but you didn’t even look at them and I didn’t know whether to come over or not but I decided I had to, you’re beautiful and then you looked at me and I knew I’d made the right decision. But why me?” I asked.

He had watched me intently throughout my question, the smile dropping from his beautiful face and a look of frustration taking its place. Then he took something out of his back pocket and when I looked at it I noticed it was a very small notepad and pen. He began to write and I watched patiently until he had finished, then he looked at me with sad eyes and it made me nervous as he handed me the paper.

“I didn’t notice them. I was dancing with my eyes closed, it wasn’t until I looked up and saw you standing there that I realised I wasn’t as alone as I felt.” He’d wrote.

“How did you not notice them, they were talking to you and dancing. I never said a word but when I approached you heard me?” I asked and he began to write again.

“I didn’t hear them talking, I felt you approach. I am deaf, I can’t hear what you are saying and I struggle with lip reading. I guess you can’t sign? So this is what I am reduced to, you can leave if you want I won’t be offended.” He scrawled.

I took a sharp breath, he was deaf? Is that why he had ignored so many people, they hadn’t give him enough time to get to know him properly and passed him off as rude. It also explained the look of concentration on his face when I was talking to him he was trying to understand what I was saying. I looked at his sad eyes again, he expected me to leave but I couldn’t I wasn’t joking when I said I was crazy for him.

“I am not going anywhere.” I wrote back.

He looked up at me, once again beaming and I smiled back, he really was beautiful and it seemed like that was inside and out. I grabbed his hand and he looked down at it, his expression surprised me because he constantly seemed shocked, but if anyone should be shocked it should be me. I still couldn’t understand why he had chosen me, ok so he didn’t hear them approach but why didn’t he approach them, how did he feel me there?

“How did you feel me there and why were you dancing alone?” I wrote.

“I am deaf, no one wants to spend time passing notes like were in school, and people can’t usually sign back to me. I usually don’t get my hopes up so I guess that’s why I didn’t feel them approach me, I don’t mean to be rude. I guess when you approached I had a strange feeling in my stomach, butterflies. When I looked up and I saw you, you took my breath away and I instantly became kinda crazy for you.” He wrote blushing the whole time.

I read and re-read every word. He felt the same as me, this had to be too good to be true? I sat watching him and I didn’t realise I wasn’t replying because I was just too entranced by him thoughts instantly filling my mind of what it would be like to call him mine. But as his smile dropped and his eyes fell to his hands I realised my mistake, I reached out and tilted his head back up so I could look at him, then I reached over the table and kissed him softly.

“I’m crazy for you too.”

……………………………………………………………………………………..

Based on the lyrics to Crazy for you by Madonna, a bit of fluff for Valentine’s Day. :o)