Canadian Model Rocks

-Chapter Four-

(Canadian Model Rocks)

Jackson was tired.

No, he's always tired. Right now, he's exhausted.

Jackson forced his drooping eyes to open as he tried to concentrate on the sale and purchase agreement, checking the errors patiently in hopes that he wouldn't rip the thing apart first, he could do that if he wanted to but his mother would have to castrate him for the debt of his ten million dollar. It was nearing lunchtime already, and Jackson still had three more agreements to get through before he could even think about getting to eat.

The past week was harder than anything Jackson had ever experienced. Without his mother returning his call, he had been completely out of his mind when it came to the children's behaviors switching like an on and off button. One minute James was smiling and the next minute Jeremy would be letting out the most earth-shaking shriek, leaving Jackson scrambling to find the hidden pacifier.

It's almost unbearable to remember the throbbing headache and shock that rendered Jackson speechless and immobile as James had knocked over his mother's China vases with Jeremy clapping his hands in glee. That night, he was on the verge of raising his voice when he reminded himself he wasn't him. Sure, Jackson had let out his anger at another shattered mirror after he cleaned the mess up, but he would never hit the children.

And Jackson would kill himself before he ever thought of harming them in any sort of way.

Also, just thinking about Jenna leaving them on the front of his apartment was enough to make Jackson to stab himself with the pen to distract himself from the anger in his heart, before he went and filed a lawsuit at that woman.

Still, there was no turning back time. There was no way to rewind things--no way to go and tell his past to remember to walk past Jenna in the bar, to stop kissing her after every photoshoot, to never put the ring on her finger and to never love her. It's way too late for that.

All he could do now was try to keep going, try to be there for the children, and hope for the best.

The smell of leaking ink dragged Jackson out of his thoughts and he looked down to see that he had broken the pen under his strength and smeared the contract with a pool of black ink. He cursed, throwing the pen into the wastebin and pushing the rest of the documents to the edge of his desk before the ink caught up with them.

Now he had to call his secretary to-

The sound of sobbing was what really alerted Jackson. He ignored the mess, pushing it aside so he could get out of his room. He had to get to him before one of them woke the other one up and made him start up too. He went out from his study room and into the hallway, making a beeline at the end of the hallway toward his bedroom.

He had decided to work home for now until he had found someone to look after them. Jackson had asked Mrs. Houston and she would love to but she was too busy with her garden club and book club, that nice woman had given her number just in case of any sudden emergency. For now, he just had to stay home and take care of James and Jeremy.

Pushing his door open, he tried to ignore the way all of his dirty laundaries and opened books had taken up the space of his room. It was no surprise for Jackson to know that he wouldn't be washing his clothes anymore or cleaning up his room. Everytime he finally put down James and Jeremy to sleep, he had works to do. Then when he had taken care his endless paperworks, the kids woke up and demanded his full attention. At night, he was too tired to do anything and he just slept. If the kids were good, he could at least have a few hours of shut-eyes before they woke out either from pooping or starving.