Catching Young Daddy

~*~

Big shoutout to anyone who read, vote, comment, and put this in their reading list! Love much.

~*~

-Chapter Three-

(Catching Young Daddy)

"So it's like a babysitting center?" Andy grunted, "Tina, can you stop moving?"

"No!" Tina, one of the children Andrea's class was currently babysitting, had declared Andy to be her new best friend as he was the only one here who wore a purple shirt. Apparently for a kid, it's a good enough reason to be friend with a total stranger, although Andy wouldn't kidnap her but still. Tina jumped into his arms the second he was inside the napping room and refused to let him go, so for the past forty minutes Andy had been supporting Tina under her bottom while Andrea giving him the grand tour of her little house of babysitting.

Andy had a hard time hearing the words coming out from his sister's mouth when she was giving him the essentials of how the whole programme ran. They passed from room to room, without pausing for a moment to allow Andy to take in what's going on, he felt like Andrea was way too excited of him working here. 

After Andy had signed the paper and Sandy ran for her life, Andrea gestured the big room in front of them was the waiting area, thus the four rows of colorful chairs. His eyes lingered on the hand-carved molding and sponge-painted walls. Andrea then brought him to the first room behind the front counter. Andy recalled it was the emergency room, he barely noticed the heap of medical supplies stacking in boxes on the floor and the single white bed in the middle as he was dragged by the arm. They moved along to the pink door right next to the emergency room, the name of Andrienne Walker in italic engraved on the door explained everything.

Next was the dining room, Andrea called it the Wonderland. Inside, thousands of sugarcane lamps were hanging down from the ceiling and underneath all that was a pile of lollipop-shaped chairs and chocolate chips tables. The brightly colored kitchen at the back of the room was where Sandy prepared the food of the day. The napping room where Tina attacked Andy was situated between Wonderland and the playroom. It was painted in black velvety like the night and Andy gaped at how perfectly arranged the glow-in-the-dark wall stickers of planets and stars were.

And finally, finally, the playroom.

"Tina always naps longer than the others, the rest are already in the playroom," Andy moved forward but Andrea held a hand out to stop him, "I have to warn you that some of the kids were... special."

Andy rolled his eyes and put Tina down on the ground as she quickly scurried off into the playroom.

"What? They fly and spit fire?" When Andrea didn't bat an eye at him, he quickly shut up and nodded curtly. They were about to open the door when a loud screaming pierced through the air and like a switch had been set off, more wailing broke out in agony and some of them were really deafening. Andrea rushed in with Andy following her from behind, he didn't see anything until Andrea dodged to the left.

Andy didn't have good reflex, so when he saw Transformer flying at him, he just stood there as if he had accepted his fate. Pain exploded at the corner of his right eyes and Andy's hand was already there to ease the throbbing ache away. The screaming didn't help with the pain a bit, causing his headache to amplify ten folds.

"Don't throw Snow White!" Andy picked up Tina's cry among the noise, thanking Tina's warning mentally, Andy quickly moved out the doorway just as Snow White smashed her head on the wall. Andy was moving to his far right when he stumbled, his left leg suddenly trapped in the arms of legs of a boy, this one not crying but looking at him with his teary eyes. To avoid the outburst Andy knew he would cause, he plucked the boy off his leg and wrapped his small body with his arms. He hugged him tight as the boy sobbed softly into his ear. Andy rubbed his hand down the boy's back, rocking him and finally registering the scene in front of him.