Code Name: Triple 'J'

Chapter Twenty

(Code Name: Triple 'J')

Jackson was having a hard time holding his breath any longer.

"He was heading your way with her on tow, get out of there right now, Jackson!"

Andrienne's alarming voice shot through the earpiece he was wearing, Jackson cringed heavily at the ringing in his head and quickly gulped back his anger before making his situation any worse, like exposing where he was. Currently digging his back against the hard wooden material was no comfort, his body had been forced into a ball form under the table for the past half ten minutes after the woman in the other side of the city was telling her that he needed to hide until the coast was clear. That appeared to be false as she just told him that the man was apparently walking toward where he was.

Not sure how Jackson'd gotten into this mess? Maybe Jackson should take it a little bit further back, to the soon-to-be interrupted peaceful morning where he was just minding his own business while feeding James with his usual honey guacamole mash. Jackson wasn't sure what went wrong, James always liked his mash but he had been fussy this morning and spat out every spoon of it. His younger brother was kind enough to fall asleep after he was fed, Jackson didn't encounter any problem with Jeremy's mash. The kitchen floor once again covered with slimy mash, Jackson's shirt didn't escape the bombarded attack too.

Taking his shirt off and throwing it aside, Jackson sat back down in front of the pouty kid and held out another spoonful of the mash to James' mouth, "you gonna eat, buddy. Come on, it's your favorite."

"Babies are still humans, they do get tired of eating the same burger like we do."

The sound of an intruder in his apartment took Jackson off guard as he dropped the bowl of guacamole mash onto the floor, splitting the rest of the untouched food into multiple wet splotches along with the broken pieces of the bowl. Jackson groaned at the sight of it and looked up, glaring at the woman who barged in without permission. The woman was really started to get on Jackson's nerves, the only thing that was holding him back from punching the wall right now would be the excited smile on his older son's face upon seeing the unwelcome person in the room.

This wasn't the first time Andrienne Walker came to Jackson's apartment, she knew the house better than Jackson knew where Dustin stored most of the utensils at. Sometimes Jackson might complain about Dustin being in his space but he knew Dustin was always welcomed here. Jackson bought this apartment in haste after he was done with the divorce settlement with her ex-wife, it was an apartment fitted for a single busy man in New York city and he took it knowing that this would be where he would stay for the next ten years. It was a new change from the modelling house he used to live in, every morning he could hear puking and sobbing going through the hallways and Jackson hated there. This apartment was awfully quiet compared to that place, he was glad that the twins arrived in his life at the right time. Dustin on the other hand was tolerable, at least no one would believe a 30 years old man with two sons living with his gay best friend.

Nevertheless, Andrienne was still a stranger no matter how many diapers she had helped changed.

"We really need to stop meeting like this." Andrienne addressed the shirtless Jackson before disappearing into the hallway. Jackson quickly tugged his dirty shirt on as she walked back into the kitchen with a bucket of clean water and a mop, she brought James out from his baby chair and put him into his father's arms, shooing Jackson away with her wet mop. The Ford family retreated to the living room, Jeremy was awake from his nap and already playing with his rattle on the playmat. Jackson kept his anger in check by keeping James in his arms while looking at Jeremy, smiling occasionally when the younger child speaking incoherently to him.