Classic Flirt

-Chapter Twelve-

(Classic Flirt)

Jackson was amused.

Half an hour after waking up, Jackson texted his secretary to let her know he was not going to work today, adding on that he might be out for the rest of week too. The phone had been buzzing right after he left it on top of his dresser, it was too early to handle those shit tons of work when he had two babies to take care of. Speaking of the twins, Jackson headed inside the nursery room and settled into his morning routine. Jeremy and James were up within hour, and Jackson only had to deal with five minutes of crying before having the bottles ready for them. He was getting the hang of it and he even managed to take a quick shower without the twins noticing he was gone for a good ten minutes.

The day was rather uneventful compared to one prior, Jackson spent half the morning playing with the twins, getting a few documents done while they napped and going back to peek-a-boo for another hour. He did check his phone once out of curiosity, he groaned and immediately regretted because the secretary had reminded him the over heaps of contracts he was supposed to sign for the showcase to launch in the mall.

Forge my signature, Jackson replied and escaped the room, hoping he made the right decision without violating any law. It was around noon with Jackson sitting on a stool and feeding both of the boys some avocado and banana mash that Dustin decided to emerge from his bedroom. One look at those bloodshot eyes Jackson knew his best friend had an extremely wild night without him, it wasn't Dustin's fault that Jackson couldn't go out but he still nurtured a distaste for not even getting an invitation. An evil thought sprouted in his mind when he noticed Dustin was moaning and clutching his forehead for dear life while heading to the fridge in the kitchen. Childish or not, there was no one to judge him aside from his own sons as he put down the bowl and knocked on his wooden table with his knuckles, creating a loud annoying rhythmic noise.

Jackson didn't stop it there, he only brought James out from the high chair (Jeremy was dozing off) and held him up in the air before Itsy Bitsy Spider came out from his mouth. Dustin had to stop himself from choking on the milk before running across the kitchen floor to get in front of Jackson, covering his best friend's mouth with his palm to save his own eardrums. Even with the hand on his mouth, Jackson muttered out the lyrics in half hum and wiggled his brows animatedly at the older twin. James started to swat Dustin on the arm until he begrudgingly removed his hand and went on to cover his ears instead, apparently James adored his father's voice more than Dustin ever would. James's face lit up in an instant when Jackson decided to do a short drum loops to fill the interchange gap for the next song, Old MacDonald, that was Dustin's final wit end. It certainly did not help as the random beats were thumping with Dustin's headache, the pain was unbearable that he ran the whole way to the bathroom and emptied the milk he just drank down the drain. 

"That's what you get when you mess with a dad!" Dustin groaned from the bathroom down the hallway and Jackson took it as a defeat. He finished up the rest of the mash and wiped kitchen floor with a wet rag, the younger twin spat out his mash when his father wasn't looking and he acted like nothing happened until Jackson felt the lump under his feet while he was preparing the coffee for Dustin. Jackson was kneeling and scrubbing the avocado stain when someone entered the kitchen, he didn't bother to tell Dustin to walk the other way while he was working on the left side of the kitchen because Dustin would probably make his way toward the coffee maker which was on the other side anyway.  

"I made some coffee for you, I know how you like to bitch about not having enough caffeine in your system in a day."  

"I don't really bitch about caffeine, I do bitch about not having enough alcohol in my system though."