Chronicles of Andrew Walker

A/N: Tears assured, I hope.

Chapter Nineteen

(Chronicles of Andrew Walker)

"You're wrong." Andy murmured under his breath, "it was as real as any forms of love."  

The glittering pink walls in Andrea's office started to feel like they were closing into Andy's space, it took him back to an extreme underground club he visited one time at 12th Avenue. Some guy he met online asked him if Andy was interested in joining him to a cat play, turned out it wasn't a pet show about cats and there definitely wasn't any cat around the place. Cold sweat broke through his skin as Andy tried to avert every hot glare Andrea was sending to him, both of them waiting for the other person to speak.     

"I know a place that sells good watermelon sorbet-"

"Don't make me call dad, Andy." The threat shot into Andy's brain, immediately stopping any mischievous plans he had in mind to drag his nightmare longer. 

Andy straightened his body, "Dad doesn't know anything, don't drag him into this." 

"Then start talking... Wait, " Andy thought Andrea changed her mind but she walked around her desk and bent down, she brought out a bottle of red wine and two empty glasses which she stored them in her secret mini-fridge under her working desk. Andy thought one of them was for him, however he misjudged his sister who took both of the glasses in her hands and gestured him to begin what he was supposed to do long ago.

So Andy talked, giving himself up into the memories once more.  

-

29th November 2004, North Carolina. 

Fifteen minutes to eight, the Hello Kitty digital clock on the nightstand Andy received as a birthday gift from his sister went off in the room with its annoying ringtone. Not often Andy found himself falling asleep on the floor, normally his dad would come in and wake him up if he was sprawling all over the clustered floor on his stomach. The morning light blinked on his face through his open windows, his baby blue curtains fluttering against the slight breeze. Trying to sit up, his head pounded for a minute before slowly picking up speed and gearing up his mind to snap him back to reality. 

It was Monday, already

Andy rubbed his head and yawned involuntarily, heading to the bathroom to clean himself up. Judging his reflection who was still in his school sweater and jeans, Andy must have fallen asleep while staying up late listening to his friend, Cassandra talking about the new plant species she read in the library. Most likely to be the case, Andy couldn't find any other reason how he would been lulled into slumber without Cassandra's boring discovery. He wasn't even going to take an experimental sniff at his armpits to know he stank, making a beeline to the shower and finishing freshened himself up.    

Later, Andy came downstairs and walked into the kitchen to find his father already sitting at the dining table and reading his morning papers. Andy's father, Raymond Walker was the only doctor that owned a small clinic in the small town and he usually had to up early to make sure he didn't miss any patients in the day. Raymond was born in Brazil, unlike Andy who had a fair skin and black hair like his mother, the man had a body of natural bronze skin and athletic built from playing many sports during his teenage years. He came to America for an exchange program and quickly fell in love with a small town woman, Kathryn Dame, which undoubtedly became his wife and together they started a family here. Raymond looked up from his papers and smiled softly at his son, Andy went and gave his father a hug before cooking breakfast for both of them. Kathryn, Andy's mother, unfortunately passed away when Andy was around four despite surviving ten years with heart failure. The worst had come even if they had expected the outcome, however Raymond didn't change much and continued taking care of the Walker siblings knowing his wife would always be there for him in the family's heart.