Can You Date My Brother

-Chapter Six-

(Can You Date My Brother)

"Where to next," The driver rolled down the partition in between, "Mr. Ford."

The rushing noise of New York City had diminished around him to a point that almost unheard, leaving only the gentle purr coming from the limo. The weather was unbearable with the cold dash of winter kept coming at his face, Jackson was thankful for the tinted windows or else he was going to break something again. Jackson grumbled his company's name under his breath before the partition went up, leaving him in total silence for the first time in the past few days. It was a test of patience and Jackson knew he was failing, but he didn't care as he brought out the champagne from the hidden compartment  beneath the seat.

As he poured the champagne, thousands stars began to align themselves around the crystal glass, a cool sensation under Jackson's touch. He groaned and twirled the glass in a hasty circular motion, scattering the sparkles into tiny dots. Jackson appreciated the bitter taste once it hit his tongue, gulping down greedily until he poured himself a second glass. He needed this, the buzzing numbness before he met up with the asshole from the Marketing department. 

Jackson had been relentless and detailed obsessed when he dropped the twins off at the babysitting center. From the idea of the place being in the middle of the most crowded street of New York City and not to mention it's next to Chinatown where the Asian mobsters lived, Jackson might have zero trust issue but it's not without a reason. 

The woman in charged, he thought, Anatasia? Annie? Andrienne, did not look like a person who would open a babysitting center. He imagined someone older, or British, and definitely not your daily girl-next-door American blonde beauty. Jackson knew model material when he saw one, it's a genuine surprise that this Andrienne woman didn't get snatched off by the modeling recruits around the chaotic streets. 

Andrienne allowed Jackson to bring along the twins into her office since he refused to put them down in a stranger room that's lack of adult supervision. Jackson furrowed his brows at the glittering hot pink wallpapers, those didn't go well with the Victorian style windows she was trying to fit it. The meeting went fairly good without Jackson going all Hulk on her, he was neither delighted nor amused to hear he had to attend the 'father and son' lessons provided by the center. Containing his anger was easier in the room because he kept staring at the stupid naked baby picture on the table, and of course the constant whining from the twins kept him at bay.

Jackson thought he could feel the wave of relief crashing over him when he let the twins go, except all he felt was the lost of warmth around his arms. Now he was on the way to his office with an emergency text from his secretary saying the head director of the Marketing department was going to send out the proposal for the winter fundraiser with or without his approval. Jackson hated the thought of being agitated, it's weak and it did nothing to lessen his troubles.

Instead of letting go the negative energy, he tapped into the burgeoning aggression that never gave up on him. The familiar burn ran quick in his body, coursing through his veins and filling his mind with a bright red flame.

Anger.

This he understood; this he could deal with.

"We're here, Mr. Ford."

"Thanks, Hank," He put down yet another broken glass on the carpeted floor and alighted from the car, "see you later, Hank."

Jackson was in the lobby of his office building when he noticed the familiar strawberry blonde that worked under the Markerting department was holding the elevator for a man. He's pretty sure the woman saw him running at the elevator but the doors quickly close before he was halfway to it. Something snapped inside of him, he watched the elevator numbers light up and decided he wouldn't let some bitch beat him to the floor. Holding on to the surge of hot energy, he shot up the stairs, taking them three at a time and actually managed to get to the forth floor while the elevator was starting its journey from third.