Clueless

*Dedicated to Christina Grimmie and the Victims of the Orlando Pulse Nightclub Shooting

Chapter Twenty-One

(Clueless)

"Oh hey," Andy gawked shamelessly, "surprised?"

Looking back at how he approached the secluded apartment in the outskirts of Michigan without knowing whether his Google maps was actually showing the correct direction, Andy would have known to anticipate the worst scenario after twenty minutes of driving in his sister's Mini Cooper. Initially, Andy wanted to take a cab however due to his little incident with good old Chase, Andrea decided to cut his pay for the month and Andy really needed to fix his broken oven or worse, buy a new one.

Speaking of Chase's incident, that was pretty much the whole reason of why Andy was now standing in front apartment 89 with arms full of grocery bags. At first Andy thought his sister was joking about making amend with Finn since it was his ex-boyfriend who punched the man on the face, suddenly Andy was being interrogated down to every detail about the incident and told to do anything the man asked him to do from now on. No matter how many times Andy tried to convince Finn had already forgiven him at the police department, Andrea was pretty adamant about her opinion of the man, a corporate man who might have his personal lawyer to file a lawsuit against Andrea's precious bank account. Andy didn't have a chance to retort with the fact that she single-handedly took care of the man's only child before Andrea kicked him out from the center, with only a written address in a small piece of paper and her car key. Thankfully, Andy still had his wallet and cell because he was bombarded with the string of actions once he came back from his usual Friday lunch break.   

Andy was down with skipping work anytime but spending the rest of his day with an attractive straight man wasn't something he had in mind, at least he wouldn't be entirely alone with Finn since the man could take care of his daughter himself, meaning Alex would be there to disperse awkwardness of his sudden intrusion. 

"Fix it," Andy received Andrea's text as he stood outside Finn's apartment door, "I'm not losing a client over a petty brawl caused by my own brother."

"Great, Andrea." Andy muttered under his breath while knocking on the hard wood, "selling your brother out like a pimp."

Half an hour ago, Andy wasn't sure what to do or even what to say to Finn. The man probably had something planned with his daughter on this free day, Andrea mentioned that Finn even took a day off to stay back for Alex. Knowing the man, Finn might already be gone to Disneyland although Andy had a hard time imagining him riding on Dumbo with Alex by his side. Needless to say, Andy was screwed if the man was out and his sister didn't take 'no' very likely. It took a spin around a Target that he decided to fuck it, Andy also felt guilty whenever he saw the dark bruise on the corner of Finn's cheekbone in the baby-sitting center or the time Alex was proudly telling him that her father fought down a monster which left a boo-boo on his face. With a plan in mind, Andy began to pick up the ingredients for his mom's special recipe and didn't forget to buy two boxes of dino-nuggets in case Alex didn't like what he cooked, he doubted though.

The first knock was dismissed easily so he proceeded for a second knock, part of him already expecting no answer. If there was a window, Andy would already peek in to avoid standing in front of an empty apartment like a creep. One last knock and Andy would give up, he could ask Finn to lie when his sister checked with him the next time which he was sure the man would gladly do so Andy wouldn't be appearing in his life anymore. Carefully balancing the butt-load of grocery bags in his hands while trying to knock the third time, the front door suddenly swung opened and Andy nearly dropped everything right there in front of the door.