Patience - James

A/N: Extremely short chapter, I know! It's just a filler, really, but it's important, nonetheless.

Read, like, comment, fan, please! Feedback is much appreciated, negative or positive! Thanks:)

Maya doesn't talk to me the next day.

I was hoping that, from the contact with her, I could get an idea of how powerful she is, whether she is ranked with darkness or light.

Maya sits, body rigid, watching the teacher like she cares the least bit what she is saying.

"Maya," I begin, "are you....alright?"

She doesn't answer.

* * *

I've been having second thought as to whether getting rid of her is the solution or not. After all, you can't have a solution to something without that something being a problem. The thing is, she isn't.

Most creatures I hunt have visible energies; I can see their power, life force, if they are associated with the dark, if they have ever killed.

I can see her energy even when I'm not around her. The people about have dim energies; the odd one or two may be uniquely bright, but she is unlike anything I've ever encountered. It's visible to me even when I turn off the ability; it burns through my awareness in all its glory.

Today, however, it is as dim as everyone else's. Was I wrong about her?

For now, I will wait.