I'm going out with my friend's ex for revenge but I'm falling in love with him (chapter 21)

Heyy y'all! Late I know but I've been in France on holiday and the house we were staying in had no internet! I got back today so you can't say I haven't tried because I wrote this when I was away! xxx anyways, as always, enjoy the chapter, and I decided to make Joey more a a character so this is in her POV... hope ya like it!

**********************************************

I sat opposite Vicky in Art, looking at the new guy next to her and feeling instantly jealous. I hated being jealous, especially of friends, but it just didn't seem fair that she got all the guys, and when I did get them, they broke me into tiny pieces.

Like Jack. I really liked him, and then he beat me up and left me knocked out in a Cinema over night, and then he goes and falls for Vicky, cheats on her, smashes her head with a stone, but he's still nice to her now, and she still likes him, after everything. I don't know how she can do that - be so forgiving and everything.

The new guy was hot. If I had met him a few years back when I was here, and before Jack, I would have nick named him Hotness, and flirted none stop. I was that sort of girl back then. I wish I was still that sort of care free person, but Jack left me with more than just a broken heart. I had serious trust issues too.

The guy stopped talking to Vicky, seeing a lost cause. I should have known she'd try and stay away from him, not wanting more lad trouble. She was so nice to people.

He glanced round the room. His eyes passed over me, but he looked away. He looked around again and held his gaze on me again. He grinned and I felt a flutter in my stomach before I smiled back. He beamed more and winked. Damn he looked sexy when he did that.

This guy was a bad boy, there was no mistaking that, and I'd probably be an idiot to trust him, but there was something about him that made me want to know him.

"Hi, I'm Will." he grinned again and flicked his messy hair out of his face.

"Joey" he laughed. Why was he laughing at me?

"Hey, isn't that what they call baby Kangaroos? Wow it suits you" I raised and eyebrow and he smirked "You kinda match them - cute and all," I felt myself start to blush and stopped myself in my tracks.

"You're not so bad yourself..." I made a play out of looking him up and down and he chuckled.

"So... how come you're in a dump school like this? I'd have thought you'd be in some place much nicer," he looked serious, but I could see he was still flirting.

"It's not all as bad as it seems... I used to go here but... something happened and I changed schools. I came back a week ago, I'm the new kid like you I guess" I smiled and he looked a bit concerned

"Why... what happened?" I looked up from under my eyelashes to meat his gaze.

"It's... a bit of a... I don't really... maybe I'll tell you some other time." He smiled sadly.

"Sure, fine, if you don't want to tell me don't. Don't feel like you need to," I looked up again and grinned at him.

"Anyway... Yeesh that last five minutes was gloomy enough to be a scene from a tragedy movie!" He laughed at my jokey escape comment.

"Say, Joey... We should hang out some time..." Um was that hang out as in...well... hang out, or was it hang out as in date? I ached to know. I nodded.

"Are you in my form? My tutor's Miss Kelly," I smiled as I asked the question. He frowned and then grinned.

"Sure as hell am," he winked his goddamned sexy wink again and I giggled, "I guess we can talk more then..." I nodded just as the bell marked the end of the lesson. I stood up at the exact same second he did and went a bit red. That was kind of random. He chuckled and held out his hand.

"After you..." I laughed and glanced at his hand. I looked up at him and he gave me a tiny nod. I smiled and took it. His fingers closed around mine, and gave me hand a little squeeze. His thumb started to trace circles on the back of my hand. Then he stopped and looked at me for approval. I smiled and he carried on.

I was so happy right then. I'd found my ultimate Bad Boy. He was Hot as hell, but he was still nice, and considerate. I tried to remember how I'd first felt with Jack but I couldn't. It sure couldn't have been like this. I really did like Will, but I wasn't sure quite how much.

We started to walk out of the door and I saw Vicky and Luke out of the corner. She was flirting with him and Laughing, but although he was laughing too, he looked shifty. Will realised where I was looking.

"She your Friend?" he jerked his head at Vicky. I nodded, "I'd tell her to be careful if I were you. Her boyfriend looks like there's something he's not telling her," I swallowed.

"I've been thinking that for a while, but he's my brother, and I don't want to hurt either of them," I looked up at him and he squeezed my hand.

Luke chose that exact moment to look in our direction. He smiled at me, then looked down at our hands, and his face went blank. I watched him stiffen. He'd had a problem with me talking to guys ever since what Jack did. He was a bit over protective of me sometimes, but I guess he had a good reason. Will noticed it too and dropped my hand, smiling awkwardly.

"I'll save you a seat in Form, Kay?" he grinned and I nodded, waving. He walked away, leaving me with Luke and Vicky, who seemed to sense sibling rivalry and walked away too, giving us both a little wave.

"I need to talk to you," Luke looked at me seriously,

"I was going to say the same to you," I didn't smile when I said it, like I usually did.

"Fine. Break?" He looked impatient, but I shook my head.

"Prior arrangements, sorry," he clenched his fist.

"Joey, don't rush into anything with that new guy, something tells me he's bad news," his forehead creased

"What would you know? You haven't even spoken to him. You're just jealous because Vicky spoke to him. You can't worry every time I SPEAK to a guy. I can look after myself, and I won't let anything bad happen again. Do you think I'm stupid enough not to take what Jack did as a lesson? Luke, you say that the new guy isn't good for me, but can I please ask you one thing?" He nodded, "What are you hiding from Vicky, because being my brother doesn't mean you're exempt to the angry best friend thing." he looked shifty and coughed.

"Go to form Joey. It's none of you're business what's going on between me and Vicky," his voice was calm, but I could tell he was angry,

"Not until you tell me what's going on!" He frowned,

"Look! Do you think I LIKE shouting at my little sister over the fact that she doesn't trust me to go out with her friend? I'm trying to tell you nicely, but you won't listen! Nothing is going on, and if it was, it would hardly be your business, so go and annoy someone else, like you're precious little Will!" I blinked at him.

"Whatever, but don't think I believe you," I narrowed my eyes at him and walked away. The argument was not over, and we both knew it. I just need to find some good, strong evidence if I wanted to prove what a git he was.

The thing was, he was my brother, and did I really want to prove that my brother was going to hurt Vicky?

***************

what do you think? vote! comment! xxx