I'm going out with my friend's ex for revenge but I'm falling in love with him (chapter 19)

Heyya...late again I know. Sorry, I have no excuse this time, apart from that the words weren't coming as easy as last time... anyways, please keep voting and commenting!! I love every one of you who has done that, and it's so special to read what people have to say about the story

Enjoy

****************

I got into the shower and ran the water hot. It burned my skin but what did I care? I started to wash my hair, lathering the shampoo until I looked like I'd shoved my head in a white candy floss machine... not a good look, seriously.

I rinsed off the white froth and got out of the shower, shivering slightly. I quickly dried myself and got dressed, and attempted (unsuccessfully) to tame my hair into submission. Then I wrapped my towel back around my hair and walked out of the bathroom.

I pulled the door open and walked into the room.

"Jack, you can come out of the closet now," I whispered it but I was pretty sure he could hear me - I was right by the door. He didn't answer. S***, where had he gone?

I called his name again... still nothing. Ah well, maybe he was gone. At least that way I wouldn't have to worry about Mum finding him.

I walked over to my door to close it and felt two hands snake around my waist. Please not this again... He pulled me closer to him and chuckled. I tried to wriggle away.

"You can't do this, Jack," His face fell slightly but he carried on grinning. I frowned at him.

"Why not... you like me too don't you? I'm not an idiot - I can tell what you're thinking." He smirked.

"You can't Jack. It doesn't matter whether I like you or not. I'm going out with Luke, and he's better for me. He won't break my heart like you will," his face went sad and he muttered something I didn't quite hear. It sounded something like;

"I wish you knew..." I frowned, seriously confused. He looked up at me.

"Can we go to school now? I need to tell you something..." I smiled ad nodded, not wanting to upset him any more. He seemed too upset for me to be a b**** to him. He grimaced.

"It's kind of hard to tell you though, so can we set off now and go sit somewhere quiet?" I smiled and nodded.

"I need to go down and talk to my Mum first though - last night she said she needed to talk to me but I went to bed before she got a chance. An you climb out the window again and wait for me outside?" He nodded and grinned.

"Sure as hell can..." He jumped onto the window sill and pulled open the window, "See you," he chuckled and started to climb down. I waved and then closed the window.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen. Dad was there. What the hell? He was usually long gone by eight o'clock. I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen him before school. He smiled at me, his face crinkling with smile lines.

"Morning Flower. You're Mother and I have something we need to talk to you about. Could you go and get Billy please?" I smiled and nodded, trying to hide my utter confusion. Why did they want Billy? I would do anything to make sure he wasn't around if they wanted a serious conversation.

I walked up to his room and held my breath. A gas mask would have been preferable, but I had a time limit, so I risked death by gassing (otherwise known as the result of an 11 year old's lack of hygiene). I walked in there and spoke,

"Hey genious. Time to emerge from the stink pit. Mom and Dad want to talk to us," I didn't hear anything. Oh hell, what was it with people jumping out on me? I walked over the the window sill and pulled the curtain away. Sure enough, my idiot of a brother was curled up on a Thomas the tank engine cushion.