"I just said he's cute and adorable, what's-"

"I know what context you mean that-"

"Oh no! Stop accusing me of-"

"- I understand he's handsome but-"

"Look, you can't resist him either, how-"

"Oh my... He's my brother and he's SIX years younger to me- Wait! US. So please-"

"Yeah, I meant it in the exact same-"

"- You wouldn't have sighed-"

"NANDINI RAJPUT AND IRA NIAR, I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU TWO SCREAMING YOUR LUNGS OUT AT ONE ANOTHER."

We shot up from our seats to see Ms. Shetty slicing glares into our eyes.
"WE ARE NOT HERE TO SEE HOW ATTRACTIVE YOUR SIBLING IS, ARE WE? MS. RAJPUT?"

I looked down at the table as the classroom broke into peals of laughter. I started fidgeting with the hem of my skirt as my cheeks flushed due to embarrassment.

"AND MS. NIAR, I'd expect you to pay attention to the lesson which is being taught because YOU WILL WRITE IT IN YOUR NOTEBOOK THREE TIMES, am I clear?"
Ira nodded in response as I stifled a lazy yawn. What was up with her raising her pitch one moment and lowering it the other? Why is she a teacher? I mean, she doesn't even-

My thoughts were interrupted, "You may take your seats. But remember young ladies, not. a. word."

We slumped on to our seats and cracked open our literature readers.

"Not Marble Nor the Gilded Monuments-"

I tapped Ira's shoulder and she slid backwards on her seat without turning behind.
"When did she enter the damn classroom?" I whispered, which died down in the echos of Ms. Shetty's voice, that bounced across the room.

"I swear, I don't know. I didn't even notice everyone standing up to greet her," she whispered back.

"I'm glad we didn't stand up. I was in no mood to greet her."

"Nands, I'm sorry!"

"Uh, why?" I asked, confused.

"Yikes! Lower your voice."

"Okay, sorry sorry! Why are you sorry though?"

"Because you aren't the douche in the classroom. It's Ms. Shetty."

I chuckled silently. She was an adorable kid.

"Ma'am? Nandini and Ira are talking again. It's really disturbing."

"WHAT THE F-"
Ira pushed my table forcing me to stop mid-sentence.

The teacher looked at us through her glasses and examined our expressions which probably looked shocked (we were obviously pretending).

"Mr. Mehta...." She trailed off.
"Well, could you tell us what they were talking about?" She questioned him.

My heart started thumping against my chest.

"Of course ma'am. They were talking about not knowing when you entered the classroom and that they're glad they didn't-"
I squeezed my eyes shut. You see why I dislike boys?

"That would do, Yohan."
I unbolted one eye. Ms. Shetty was smiling. Then the other. She was definitely smiling.

"Sir, you are requested to move out of my class because you weren't paying attention to what I was teaching." It was then, when I noticed the sarcasm in her creepy smile.

He looked baffled and I sucked in the dire urge to laugh out loud and smirk at him.
"We do not have all day, gentleman."
He sighed angrily, collected his books and exited the classroom.