Chapter 30: The M word

"He'd stopped trying to bring her back. She only came back when she felt like it anyway, in dreams and lies and broken-down déjà vu."

[H.]

Shock.

I couldn't believe my eyes, there right in front of me stood the girl I had been trying to get out of my dreams. The girl that also haunted me in my wake, I couldn't get her out of my mind. Whenever I went home, and would lay in bed the sheets would feel ice cold.

In a lot of ways she was always there without truly being there. I found her creeping in my dreams but she didn't just haunt me in my dreams, sometimes I swear I would see her across the street or reading in our living room we used to share. I would hear her soft humming echo in the walls and I would rush to the kitchen just to find it empty. Those are the days I drowned myself in scotch until I would eventually pass out.

Seeing her standing there just looking at me made me want to just run over to her and kiss her like in the movies. But, this isn't a movie, this is real life.

"Mia." I step forward and as soon as her name left my lips she bolted out of the cafe.

I had the urge to run after her, to bring her back to me. But I didn't because I knew now she didn't want that.

"Harry." I look at Emma and she looks concerned.

"No." I say

"Why not ? She loves you, I can tell she loves you just by the way her face loo-"

"Emma no! She doesn't want me! The wa- she looked broken.. and I did that to her." I choke out. "That's the worst feeling, knowing you hurt someone you love."

Emma steps forward and she rests her hand on my cheek. "I know what that's like, but you love her. You love her so much it hurts to be without her, believe me and save her from that pain."

I look at her and then back outside. I take a deep breath and rush out but when I walk out I couldn't see anyone just the harsh snow coming down. I ran my hand through my hair and frown.

I turn my head to see Emma frowning at me.

"I'm too late." I sigh out

She shakes her head, "Harry Edward Styles. You know damn well you can go to her apartment." She says as she puts her hands on her hips.

"You need to do this, you need to at least try. You'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't try." She says

I nod and she smiles at me. "Go on then."

I look around and see a taxi. I wave my hand around and it sees me then stops.
.

I rush up to her apartment and I start to knock on the door.

"Yeah yeah I'm coming I'm coming." I hear her say.

That's when I froze again, everything I knew I was going to say. Every word completely vanishing from my thoughts.

"Harry..?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look at Mia. "You're just as beautiful as the day you left me." I whisper

She frowns and crosses her arms over her chest. "Left you? HA! You left me!"

I look around the halls and put my finger over my lips as I walk past her into her apartment. "Please keep your voice down. I don't want your horrid neighbour coming out, she still scares."

"Daisy is a nice women!" She yells as she slams her door. I didn't know what to say and she sighs running her fingers through her hair.

"What are you doing here Harry ?"

"I love you."

Her eyes widen and her lips twitch slightly at my words. She is surprised and upset I can tell.

"You can't do this." She says shaking her head. "No, it's not fair."

"What's not fair ? You left me, you're the one that decided to leave."

"And you didn't stop me! You let me go, no phone calls, no texts, nothing just poof. Out of nowhere Liam, FREAKING LIAM comes to my apartment to hand me the rest of my things. You didn't even have the balls to do it yourself." She says

She's right, I was terrified of her like I am right now.

"You're right I didn't have the balls. I'm terrified of you, ever since Emma left I've kept a good distance from people. I was good at not making an emotional attachment. But, Mia; I was doomed from the moment I saw you at the lobby. I was undeniably screwed and I didn't give a shit. You broke through my walls so easily it's like you could walk on water. You're this impossible creature I couldn't help but fall in love with. You're everything I'm not, but yet you're everything I need. I cannot picture my life without you. I won't, I know I messed up."

I step forward boldly as I can tell what I'm saying to her is finally getting through.

"I should've told you about Lucy, she's amazing Mia. She's like nothing I expected out of a child, she reminds me of you. She consistently surprises me and makes one happy man. If it's Emma you're worried about, don't be. She's the one who convinced me to be brave enough to say all this. You're right I should've said something to you the night you packed up and left. But I didn't, I didn't say a word. If it's not too too late I'm saying something now. Please, I won't fuck up this time, I might not be able to give you my whole heart because I don't know if there even is a whole heart for you to give. But I'll give you all the pieces I do have and I trust you with them. Please, I'm begging you to be my Angel again."

Her hand is over her mouth and she's crying now. She is just starring at me and I give her a small grin.

"Come on over here love." I say as I open my arms up.

She looks so afraid as she steps forward then out of nowhere she runs to me and wraps her arms around my waist. I sigh into the hug as I wrap my arms around her, rubbing her back slowly.

"I love you." I whisper

She pulls back just to look at my face and she rests her one hand on my cheek. "I love you too Harold."

I burst out laughing as I tilting my head back. She leans up and places her lips over mine. I kiss her lips back every so slowly making this moment count. I her lips felt so familiar yet at the same time it's like I'm kissing her for the very first time.

She pulls back and I rest my forehead on hers.

"Oh, Angel." I sigh out.

I couldn't believe it, after a whole year without her I finally got her back. My life feels complete now, I truly feel happy. I mean how could I not be happy ? I've got my angel now.

.

THE END. GUYS I'M CRYING IM SO SAD YET SO HAPPY WITH HOW IT TURNED OUT!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER. I might be adding to some extra bonus chapters!

all the fucking love,

Bella x