Chapter 21: Complicated

I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I'm in college and school has been kicking my ass so hard. Updates will be slow but please be patient, eventually I will update! I try to late at night but end up passing out. Hope you guys understand.

Bella x

"I don't like you. Sometimes I think I live for you."

[M.]

I woke up to the sound of voices coming from another room. I stretch out and notice Harry's not in bed anymore, I feel his side and notice it's warm, he must have just gotten out.

"What do you mean you saw her ?? LIAM WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?! Where... No.. She's sleeping, yeah... No no don't just leave it. It must of been a mistake. Yeah.. okay..yeah yeah bye."

Her..? I wonder what he means?

I sit up and look around there was a tray on the bed and I crawl over. I open up the top and there sits an amazing breakfast.

"I didn't know what you were craving, so I ordered a bit of everything."

I look up from the delicious looking food to see Harry leaning against the doorway. Of course he's in nothing but in some tight ass briefs, FUCK me.

"This is really nice." I say as I take a bite of the toast and taking a piece of bacon. I pat the spot next to me on the bed and Harry comes over then joins me.

"What do you want to do today angel ?" He asks as he eats some strawberries

I shrug, "what are the options??"

"We can relax by the beach, maybe go snorkelling ?" He suggests. "Just have a relaxing day."

"That sounds perfect." I say as I lay down onto the bed with a sigh.  I feel him lay next to me and wrap his arm around me. Everything has been so perfect.

[H.]

The water couldn't be anymore perfect, and the sun was shining just the right amount for a nice day out on the beach. I was laying down on the towel with Mia beside me, this vacation was very needed.

"This is so nice." She sighs as she lays down closer to me.

"Yes it is." I say with her as I smile feeling the warm sun hit me.

We just laid down enjoying each other's company. I sit up and stretch, "let's go in the water." I say to her.

She nods and takes her sun glasses off then stands.

"Alright."

She starts running to the water and I chuckle starring at her. She finally looks so happy, with me this time. I know she has a boyfriend and it's strong but it feels right.

I don't know if I can ever admit it to her, I'm too scared she wouldn't feel the same way. It feels like she does but you could never be too sure.

"Come on Harry!" She says as she dips into the water. Fuck she's so beautiful.

I laugh and get up running into the water after her. While the water stopped just under her breasts, the water just stopped above my belly button for me. I chuckle, "I forget how short you are sometimes."

She elbows me.

"Oy!"

"Never comment on a women's height."

We stayed in the water for a bit until Mia said she was getting wrinkly, I really enjoy my time with her. Something about her makes all the broken pieces fit, like everything's finally okay after Emma left and my father died.

I see that Liam called me and I knew if he called me it was serious. I told Mia I needed to make a call and excused myself.

"Harry. I'm sorry to call again, but I need you here. The board members are requesting a meeting and it seems serious."

I sigh and rub my chin. "Yeah I can be back by tonight. When do they want to have this meeting?"

"Tomorrow at 3, I would handle this alone but they are requesting both of us to be present."

I bite on my lower lip. "Well I can't argue with them. Shit is still tense. I'll be there."

"Thanks Harry."

"See you soon Liam."

I hang up the phone and look over at Mia. She's looking at me all concerned as she dries herself with a towel.

"Everything okay?" She asks

I shake my head and frown, "I'm really sorry love, we need to cut this vacation short by a long run. The board members are requesting for my appearance for a meeting tomorrow at 3 pm."

She gives me a smile and hands me a dry towel. "It's alright Harry, the two days here was honestly the best days ever."

"We will come back again I promise."

She smiles again but this time she doesn't look at me. Then she starts collecting her things, "yeah one day."

.

We ended up flying back late at night and ended up back in New York for 8 am. The plane ride back was dreadful and long. I didn't want to cut our vacation short, everything was working out so well. Mia seems to really understand but I knew she didn't want to leave so early. I made a mental note to take her back there, I feel like she doesn't believe me but I promise silently I would.

"Did you want to stop by a cafe to grab something to munch on?" I say as I put her suitcase in the trunk of my car.

She nods, "That actually sounds great. I'm craving an avocado salad from there."

I nod and get in the car driving back into city, to the cafe.

"I missed the smell of this place." Mia says as she leans into me.

I hold onto her tighter and kiss the top of her head.

"Hi Harry! What can I get ya?"

"One black roast with 2 milk and one sugar. Then one English breakfast tea, plain. I'll also have a avocado salad and a plain bagel toasted with nothing inside." I order

"Who gets nothing in their bagel? That's just weird."

"I do, now bugger off."

"Now bugger off." She mocks

I raise my eyebrows at her, "really ?" I pull her closer and start tickling her sides.

"Okay okay! Truce I'm sorry." She says in defeat and I stop tickling her.

I bump into someone beside us and I turn around. "Oh I'm so- Emma??"

The girl beside me that I practically almost toppled on is my ex wife Emma. She's standing there looking at me completely shocked and I am doing the same. She looks the same but different, like this glow is on her. Almost more matured looking, she's wearing a stunning dress with a pea coat on. She looks like she's ready to go out to a nice dinner.

"Harry freaking Styles." She finally says.

Well fuck, my life just got a hundred times more fucking complicated.