Chapter 7: Stay

"You've left my soul bleeding in the dark."

[M.]

After that surprisingly amazing dinner Harry drove me home and walked me to my apartment door. We actually got along really well and he made me forget that this whole thing was fake.

"What you're doing for that family is truly amazing. You're a good man." I say to him as I lean against my apartment door.

He shrugs "I'm not that good, I only do a few good deeds to balance the bad."

He leans in slightly and I look at him as I hold my breathe. His hand finds it's way to my cheek running his thumb across it. I thought he was about to kiss me he was so close but he changes his mind and kisses my cheek.

"Goodnight Angel." he whispers and walks away

I stand there completely still and let out the breath I've been holding in. I blink a few times before getting my keys and opening the door. Right when I open the door I see Ethan and he turns around when he hears me enter. He looks at me and I knew that he saw what just happened. The look he gave me broke me apart, he looked like I just killed someone in front of him. I couldn't say anything because I didn't even know how to start.

I look past Ethan because something caught my eye, there were rose petals all over the living room with candles lit up. There was also a chilled bottle of wine with two wine glasses. I look at him and now I can see the tears about to leave his eyes. I broke this man and I have no idea how to begin to fix it.

"Ethan please." I stay stepping toward him

He instantly steps back and runs his hand through his hair. "I thought I would surprise you. I got so excited when I heard your voice I practically ran to the door then I heard him." He looks away "Then I heard nothing and I was curious. H-he almost kissed you, and you didn't even try and stop him."

I couldn't reply I had no voice.

"You know I was trying to show you that I fully support you. That I understand, that I can make this work." He says as he throws his arms towards the romantic setting behind him.

"Stay." is all I can manage to choke out.

He snorts "You're fucking with me right? Stop doing that! Stop playing victim. YOU'RE HURTING ME NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND." He screams

He rushes and grabs his jacket that was on the kitchen chair and throws it on as he grabs his keys trying to walk past me but I catch his arm. He pulls away from me and steps back.

"Don't touch me."

"I know what you're thinking but don't do it. Stay."

"Would you stay if I tore your heart open and left it out to bleed?" He chokes out to me

Without giving me a chance to reply he left me and I knew I messed up big time. I always kept it professional and let me guard down for ONE man I didn't even know and It costed the trust of a man I cared about so much.

I decided right then and there I was going to pay Harry a visit tomorrow and explain to him that whatever we have is STRICTLY professional if I wanted anything with Ethan I had to make sure I didn't hurt him anymore.

[H.]

The sound of my door bell woke me up from my slumber. I was in nothing but boxers when I rushed to the door, the intruder didn't stop for a second to stop ringing the bell.

The indecency of some people.

When I opened the door the first I'm met with is a fist which caught my face. I was stunned for a moment but dodged the second fist flying my way. I grabbed my intruder and threw him onto my marble floor. When I look down there later Mia's boyfriend looking up me. I smelt the alcohol on him and I cringed.