Chapter 5: A deck of hearts

"You don't get to choose who you fall in love with. You only get to choose who you stay in love with."

[M.]

I was shocked to see Harry Styles at my door. I could tell he was pissed and for some reason it didn't click to me why. When I understood he must have called me to go through the final revised contract and I didn't pick up the phone. I could tell he was trying with every strength not to get angry with me and he covered for me which was nice.

"I didn't know you were into buying stocks ?" Ethan says bringing me back to reality.

"I wasn't but I needed a bit of extra money so Keisha suggested Styles Industries." I lie

"You know baby.. If you need any money you cou-"

"I know I would just rather earn it myself." I interrupt

We've had this conversation so many times and it's always the same. He said he wouldn't mind just giving me some money since he earns more than he could spend on himself but I simply couldn't take it. I've always been so independent and earning my own money felt better.

"I feel sorry if you had to deal with Harry directly though." Ethan chuckles

I tilt my head curiously "Why's that?"

Ethan shrugs "Harry isn't the kindness guy ever.. He can be ruthless, he doesn't care to be decent."

I nod not saying anything. He didn't seem as bad as Ethan was saying but hopefully after today Harry would still allow me to tell Ethan about this whole mess.

But maybe if Harry already lied I wouldn't have to?

This was something I needed to decide quickly and quietly so I thought to take a shower to think of a final decision.

[H.]

Furious.

That's how I felt and that's how I acted for the rest of the day. I didn't give anyone the time of day and I wasn't taking anyone's shit not even Liam's.

"What the hell is going on? You're acting like a dick, more than usual. I've had complaints, you made a women cry."

I look up from the emails bored out of my mind because of the subject of conversation. I don't care I made someone cry if they didn't like it they were replaceable.

"That's not my problem I'm here to make money not to comfort my employees. If she doesn't like it she can quit." I bluntly say

Liam sighs and shakes his head "Harry.. Don't give the board members anot-"

"Shut up Liam! I'm done hearing about this now leave my off-"

"Sir there's a Mia Porter here to see you." my secretary interrupted

"Send her in." I say and I look at Liam "Get out."

He nods and gets out of the chair and greets Mia as he leaves.

I look at the time it's 3 pm.

Oh now she decided to be early?

"It's good to know your phone is working properly." I say pointing towards it

"I'm sorry sir my phone had died and I wasn't aware I woul-"

"It's fine Mia. I just don't tolerate tardiness. If I can be contacted so can you. I was made a fool at your home."

She looks at me and sighs. "I see how it's hardly fair. It was your own damn choice to come to my home and now I have to explain to my boyfriend why the hell you were there."