Resentment

Beyonce's POV

I cuddle Blanket to my chest as I looked over my schedule. I was slowly easing my way back to work. My finger gently caressed Blanket's chubby cheeks as I thought about our much needed marriage counselor. I kissed Blanket as I sat up in bed. "You don't know what type of world you're in baby." I sighed. He looked so much like Michael. He had a little button nose, beautiful brown eyes, and he turned out to be a little darker than Michael. I heard his father on the phone. "Yeah yeah. I understand. Yes sir. Album. We can do that. Okay. Okay. Goodbye."

Michael walked in and gave me a weak smile. "Hello." "Hello," I greeted back. Michael leaned down and kissed his son's forehead, but not mine. "About this...marriage counselor." "Dr. Wade?" Michael asked. I nodded. "Dr. Wade...what does she-" 

"He," Michael corrected. 

"He do? And how will he help us?" 

Michael crossed his arms and stared at me. "Clarence Wade is a top doctor and a dear friend of mine and has worked on many celebrity marriages. He won't help us all by himself, but he will help us to repair our damaged marriage." 

"Damaged?" I questioned as I fed Blanket.

Michael nodded. "Our marriage isn't the best in the world." I sighed as I looked up at him, then looked down at Michael. "Fine fine. He will help us repair our damaged marriage." Michael nodded in approval. "You shouldn't even call it th-" Michael threw his hand up. "Let me see Blanket." I frowned. "But..." Michael walked over and grabbed Blanket from me, which made the baby begin to fuss. Michael shushed him and began to bounce him gently. "You need to think," he said sternly, "now that our baby is here. It's back to where we started. Square-fucking-one."

Michael grabbed Blanket's bottle and walked out, leaving me in a state of confusion?

Doula Erykah had made me some jasmine tea, that left me pinching my skin every second just to stay awake. I still hadn't seen Blanket and Michael, and I was beginning to get worried. Solange walked in with a smirk on her face. "Hi Bey." "Hey Solange. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm swell baby. Swell. I meet the counselor."

My eyebrows shot up as I wrote in my journal. "And?"

"He's fine as shit, and he's taking me out to dinner." My jaw dropped. "Whoa! How is he going to help Michael and I with our marriage and then turn aronud and date you." "We aren't dating. We're just getting to know each other." I shook my head. "Shame on you. Mommy and I tought you better." "Whatever. What are we doing for Christmas?" She asked. I shrugged. "I mean it's next week so..."

I still shrugged. "Christmas really isn't in me any more. It's all about baby now." Solange understood what I meant; between Michael, our baby, our kids, and other issues, Christmas was the last thing on our minds. "I'm gonna go upstairs," I informed her, "gonna go check on the twins." I grabbed my things and walked up the stairs. The twins were in their room playing and talking and Michael was in the nursery with Blanket.

"And this is your mommy and daddy."

I heard soft baby noises coming from our son. "When everything was perfect," Michael added. A strained sigh escaped his lips, but he sadly smiled. "But it'll get better. It has too. I got to have my little man having a good time with me." Michael laughed softly and sighed. "All right, boy. I can tell you're sleepy." Michael put Blanket in a crib and smiled. He stood over our son and sighed.

"You're a mess," Michael admitted, "but you're my mess."

Michael walked out and closed the door. He almost jumped when he saw me. "Hey." "Hi," I whispered. Michael looked a little irritated with me or himself? Michael grabbed my hand. "Come on. We need to talk." I knew what those words meant. I was either in the wrong or he was, but lately it had been the both of us. I sat down on the edge of my bed and looked up at Michael. "I don't want Dr. Wade to invade our life, but he's here to help us for one reason. To fix us for our kids. I don't want them growing up thinking they live in a broken home."