Divide and Conquer

Michael's POV

I laid stiffly in the hospital bed. I couldn't even move my body right now. They eventually got me out of New York and back to L.A. I was now fearful of Central Park.The doctors drugged me up so bad. I blinked slowly and glanced at the clock. It was just now six o'clock. The morning hustle would soon begin. I waited to hear my nurse, Tori, tapped on the door and walk in. "Knock knock, Superstar." Tori walked in. Her dyed red curls bouncing. I grunted in reply.

"How'd yah sleep?"

I shrugged. Tori looked like a girl who would be working at a mall, not my nurse. She checked my IV and jotted down something on my clipboard. "Your eye looks better now," she announced in a cheery tone. I sighed and turned to face her. "Can I have visitors now?" Tori frowned. "This early, Superstar? I thought you'd still be sleep. All the pain killers the docs gave you made me sleepy." I rolled my eyes as Tori took my blood pressure and temperature. "Perfectly normal there." I nodded. "Tori?" I whispered.

"Yes sir?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Tori froze and stared at me as she took the blood pressure arm band off of me. "Why?" "You seem like a really pretty girl," I confessed, "and you're funny." Tori snorted. "Ah don't make me blush! I heard about you're baby. Congrats. The King of Pop bringing in a new baby King into the world. I hope I'm there to see the little guy."

I nodded. "I should've called Beyonce," I whispered. "Oh Beyonce? Curly hair, light skin, pretty eyes, and a really hot figure?" I nodded. "She's been outside for the past hour and half." I gaped. "Why?"

"She said she couldn't sleep, so she drove down here and stayed out in the lobby all not. Poor thing. She's going to mess herself up." "Why'd you say that?" "She's just...not acting right. If I'm allowed to say that," Tori said. "Of course. Can you bring her in here?" I asked. Tori nodded. "We gave her a empty hospital bed to sleep in. She fell asleep as soon as her head hit that pillow, because I slipped her some medicine." My eyes widened. "While expecting!?" Tori threw her hands up. 

"Nothing serious. That medicine you're taking is safe for pregnant women; so don't snap at me!"

I sighed and watched as Tori dashed out to the hallway to get Bey. She can't hurt Applehead. She can't do this to herself. Bey walked in. Her hair was a mess; she'd looked like a damn zombie.

"Bey, you need more rest than I do."

She shook her head. "I'm fine. I slept well though." I nodded, thinking about what Tori said. I patted the spot next to me. She walked over and sat down on the bed with me. I smiled. "How's Applehead?" I whispered. "He's fine. I moved my appointment to today. Doctor Reese is coming here to give me my sonogram." I nodded as I looked out my window. 

The busy L.A. street was down below. I rubbed my eyes. "The doctor said I could leave in two more days," I informed. Bey nodded. "That's nice," she whispered blankly. I sighed. "You still think it's your fault don't you?" Bey shrugged. "I just don't feel safe anymore. I feel like somebody is after us."

I sighed and hugged her, despite the stabbing pain in my ribs.

"Screw them," I whispered, "we're going to be fine."

"Sorry to interrupt," Tori said in a loud voice, "but Doctor Reese is here!" Bey sighed and smiled sadly. "I guess that's our cue." "Yeah," I whispered. I asked for a wheelchair and wheeled down with Bey to the maternity ward.

We walked into a private room and sat down. I looked around. "Goodmorning you two." Doctor Reese walked out. She looked at me and shook her head. "Later Michael." I gaped at her, but let it go. Bey nervously twisted her hair. "Ready to find the gender?" Bey and I held hands and exchanged excited glances. "Yes ma'am," I said.